You're just a piece of the puzzle so I think you had better find your place, but don't go blaming your knowledge on some fruit you ate. - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

firefox

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
firefox
I use this browser at times which seems to work well. Downloaded fck editor but no go with it. been trying to get away from the MS dependency so anyone know a good word processor that works?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i love firefox. its way better than IE, the tabbed browsing idea, and the available extensions and themes are great. also the fact that if you are missing a plugin for a site, it will find it for you and install it, rather than IE which tells you go here, and sends you to a site that closed down 4 years ago. its much more user friendly. i mentioned extensions and themes earlier, themes are just skins for the browser, extensions are much better. some of the extensions i have are an email checker for my gmail account, stumble upon which asks you for your interests, and then whenever you press the "stumble" button it comes up with a site that contains one of your interests. and finally one of the most useful, i have a pie menu that is brought up by a click of the middle mouse button, and you can select the options that you want it to display, it can be things like print page, home, new tab, back a page, add to favourites, go to a particular website, and various other options, its just really useful.

try it at Get Firefox

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
more people need to use Firefox!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FF=teh l33tz0 becouse it be very fast and reliable I must download onto school's comps cause they would run better then instead of IE which =extremlly bad browser,becouse it is very slow and is hacker friendlly. If you do use fire fox get some good extenstions like customize google or forcast fox. The forcast fox is really damn helpfull becouse of the ability to have accurate weather shown to you farther ahead then the weather service shows on the 8's as they say.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
[  Edited by eliasan at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
get fasterfox, which is quite possibly the best plugin for firefox ever.
http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M •
Ziddy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Trying to get away from MS? In that case, you'll need to drop Windows all together. I recommend Ubuntu (http://ubuntulinux.org).

36yrs • M •
would drop MS, but dont think my dad would be impressed if i completely reinstalled everything on the computer, that and i tend to play a fair amount of games on my pc.

like fasterfox, qiute useful.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A note on fasterfox, some sites will block you or load really slow if you turn fasterfox up past the optimized setting.

"He who does not question is lost."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you're looking for NVU

http://www.nvu.com/

I had to search for it. For a long time I was using Mozilla because it had composer, but I found nvu, it's the same as composer but more detailed and it's a seperate application. So you can have firfox, thunderbird and nvu and have everything you would get with mozilla or netscape but better more detailed applications that run seperately so that you can run faster with a smaller browser.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i use fire fox, and it has no probs with me, and i find it has less adverts than internet explorer

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
gotta agree on that one, its so annoying going back to the pcs at my school and getting all the stupid adds

firefox
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy