A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Discipline - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you dont hit adults if they are angry at the world. at least not if youre a civil person.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • F •
strawberryfield is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think that there are certain lines of physical punishment that should NEVER be crossed. for instance-

i am 14 years old and i have always had a major problem with authority. i'm a smart ass, i'm annoying, and i never ever shut up unless it is absolutely necessary. that is the honest awful truth about me.

i had a step dad for 5 and a half years who believed that physical punishment was allowed and not a bad thing at all. he hit me at least once every day. i don't mean a light smack on the hand i mean a full out punch in the arm or chest. if you are completely deranged and you cant see for yourself what that is, i will tell you.....it is pure child abuse. finally my mom divorced him. every once and a while my mom smacks my arm or something but it doesnt hurt. it just surprises me and i shut up. this, to me, is an acceptable form of physical punishment. if you ever have to do this, never punch. if you have to, just smakc them once lightly but enough to get their attention. i would rather that than be punched.

if you don't need to use physical punishment, then don't. it isn't always worthit and often leaves your child hurt and confused.

"i tried sniffing coke once- i got an ice cube stuck up my nose"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the military you do.

Its sad. There were people in the military who could not survive in the civilian world. Unfortunately, to save money, the military got rid of them. Then they may have lived in an institution, but Reagon closed all them up. So most likely, they're living on the street.

I had one guy work for me who kept telling me that I needed to be meaner. The master chiel told me the same thing.

Then one night in a drunk driving accident he broke his neck and was crippled for life. Had I been tougher on him like he wanted me to be, he might have been okay.

He used to work on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier and he said his chief used to leteraly kick him in the ass and chew him out all the time. He liked his chief, his chief kept him in line.

The real world is nothing like TV land. There are people who live for punishment, our prisons are full of them. I don't know why, I just know it is, and I'm not going to pretent it isn't.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i feel very sorry for those people incappable of keeping themselves in line. which is sadly a large portion of society. i am not sure if the military teaches you to enjoy punishment, or if those who enroll simply want to be punished. either way i find their methods offensive on some level.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The military didn't create them, it was just a place they could function productivly and be proud.

It is sad - I could never understand it, I would feel so sorry for them.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Discipline - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy