Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Holocaust Survivor Leaving U.S.

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Check this out!

Holocaust Survivor Says

He's Leaving The US

"...I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it..."

http://www.justicefornone.com/handbills/leaving1.htm

And just a friendly reminder once again, if you have ten minutes.

http://www.archive.org/stream/Despotis1946/Despotis1946_256kb.mp4

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i really don't think enough people like bush for him to be able to exercise as much power as hitler.

"You are reading this."
 46yrs • M
I'm sure that would be exactly what any honest German patriot thought as well.

With current patriot act, victory act, etc. laws, we are one foreign or domestic disaster away from a total police state. Which gives our government, specifically the president and FEMA, all the power over everyone in our country.

Half the country hates Bush, it doesn't matter, because it doesn't work like that. Dissent becomes the enemy, Jews weren't the only ones rounded up you know. And the first sign of that is a crackdown on dissent, which has been happening a lot, with screened audiences for Bush speakings, biased or underplayed coverage of massive protests, mass arrests of protestors and journalists, all these things are happening. Plus much more.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do have a little more faith in America, and the worst that can happen is that we could become a part of China.

But we'll wait and see. If the Republicans still rule the house and senate in 2006, then I might start getting scared.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
I would say the worst that could happen is a mass man made plague that intentionally wipes out most of us, and the enslavement of rest by those who institute the controlled disaster.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Catnip48 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Man, you guys need to get over your hatred. The worse you can say and still be logical is that Bush is dumb. Conservativism and facism don't go together at all. Never does Bush have any means to enslave anyone like Hitler has.

64yrs • M •
No - he will just let them die of hunger and thirst.

58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RaTyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would just like to say that I will not make any comment that is biased either for or against the political heads or our country and the programs which they have instituted in a public forum.

Take that to mean what you will.

""I do not wish my pockets to be searched.""
 37yrs • F •
Whenever anybody compares anyone to Hitler or the KKK I gringe. People need to realize that just because someone think differently doesn't make them evil.

64yrs • M •
I will agree that it is wrong to compare one person with another, because God made us all different, so you really don't get a true picture here.

What does biased for or against mean?
quote:
It is the American way to investigate and criticize decisions made by our government and encourage solutions to current problems.

People will always complain, nothing will ever be perfect. But this is what made America one of the greatest nations in the world. To always strive for perfection and demand it from our government builds this nation strong and great.

Freely sharing ideas, beliefs and opinions and arguing over the best solution builds a strong and great nation.

This is what I want to see: no more rubber stamp politics from elected officials who would abandon the people to tow the line of the leadership, who would abandon criticism and recommendations and single-handedly take this nation down.

We have lost sight of our American ideals, and we desperately need to bring them back.

58yrs • M •
Just meant wouldn't voice an opinion for or against....at least publicly.

64yrs • M •
Why though, this is America where you can express your opinion without fear of reprisal - well, at least, that's the way it supposed to be.

58yrs • M •
Hit that nail on the head a few more times for me will ya.

37yrs • F •
quote:
Freely sharing ideas, beliefs and opinions and arguing over the best solution builds a strong and great nation.

Our own Constitution was made of different opinions. The Senate was made for states with small populations because those states feared that they will be suppress by the majority. The Bill of Rights was made because the Anti- Federalist believed that the government had to much power in the Constitution.

64yrs • M •
Personaly - I think I am being investigated for my "Anti American" comments, due to comments I've made on Katrina.com who has blocked me from their site.

I really don't care - God is my judge - God knows I love this country. I don't believe at this point in time nothing will come of it.

Of course, I'm a vet with an honorable discharge, that does kinda help.

I understand

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy