Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scariest Thing About DEATH - Page 4

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If God was a Super Chicken I would be upset... I hate chickens they annoy me and attack me occasionally. Well my rooster does at least. Hens are nice.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can honestly say I'm not one bit scared of death, it's nature, and it's part of the cycle of life, the only thing I hope for on my passing is that it's not sudden or violent.

34yrs • M •
LoneByrd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You're going to die, there is no reason to fear the certain.

"Reality hits hard. Your perception hits it even harder."
 34yrs • M •
LoneByrd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
And even uncertainty is certainly going to happen as well, so why fear anything =]?

"Reality hits hard. Your perception hits it even harder."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The thought that all we have ever known just stops.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not being remembered would probably be the worst thing.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fearless5555 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nothing! there is no time for fear, to fear is to be queer. Fear is for those with out a spine. Fearing religion is a worthless use of time. Fear is for those who seek to control others. Fear is not scary and neither is death. Scared to death is no way to go through life.
rdm

"Teach the people how to get along with one another because we already know how not to!"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is nothing spineless about loving life so much you never want to die. There is nothing spineless about facing the fact it will all end. There is nothing spineless about fearing the loss of what you hold dear. There is nothing spineless about looking at death and facing it and its inevitability.

In fact knowing that will help you appreciate the time you have.

I think everyone fears death.

So many times have I brought the subject up... and so many times Ive gotten once focused people go vague on me. Eyes glaze over and they get that matter of fact quality to their voice.

Their answers are always something along the lines of:

quote:
When it comes it comes.

Or

quote:
When Im dead I wont care.

There's so many more.

I've lost count of the rationalizations of everyone who is afraid to die but afraid to admit it.

I FEAR IT.

I am less spineless to admit I have a fear of something than those that try to act brave and run everytime they come close to that which we will eventually face. The very fact people attack, demean and ridicule those that force them to think about their inevitable death shows a defensiveness so strong; it reeks of FEAR.

Dying.

As of all we have sumised from all our time so far... it is the oblivion, the nothing.

So for ourselves to deal with it all; we will fight and die to keep those beliefs of "Paradise after death" alive.

Because we fear death that much!

I may be afraid to die.

But it shows my courage. I am one of the few who have looked at death for what it is; and I have felt its terror.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At the start of this thread .. in 2005 i wrote hell...

how things change.. at this rate i will be a nun by fifty..
Now.. in 2008.. i will say. .. that death means its over.. no more life.. no more breathing.. no more touching the water.. no more warmth.. no more CONFIRMED .. life.. because i cant say im afraid of things that may happen in the next life.. but the scariest thing about death to me now.. is that it means im not alive any more.. cant feel any more.. and that i might die before certain experiences.. i mean i dont want to do anything noble.. its the truth.. im not bothered about making a well in Uganda.. or looking after my mother before she dies.. as bad as it sounds.. its not feeling those emotions.. i just .. want to achieve something.. something to give me self worth... and if i die before that.. wel thats what scares me about death.. that it might cheat me of something.. if thats consistant.. of its not.. dont bite me..

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 31yrs • F •
chrissylette is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What scares me of dying, will there be eternal darkness?
Will it hurt? Will I be missed? Did my life mean nothing at all?
Will I be reincarnated? Will I see my life flash before my eyes?
What will it be like. Will I decompose like the earth around me?

"Life is all about moments, so make the best of each one."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm...i guess the only thing that i fear about death is i don't want my family and friends get sad over me, and i want to pay back the kindness from them before i die. If one day i live on the street and nobody care about me and i payed my dept, than death actually a kinda relieve... no pain, no struggle, no worries...

but wouldn't it suck if the dead persons could still feel, but they just cant move?

imagine being able to see friends and family crying and you just lays there unable 2 move...

imagine being trapped in a casket a feeling your flesh deteriorating and gnawed by bugs...but you can't move...because you are dead...

i am afraid being dead is like that...

"Beware of the dog"
 58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fearless5555 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Scared of death, what a joke! birth didn't hurt, neither will death. Fear Nothing. Fear is for the weak willed. Fear not and thou shall be loved, feared, and admired. Death is just the end of taxes and illnesses. No one knows what happens when you die, everything you hear about it is just fear induced ideas. How pathetic is that, and only a spineless fool would believe in such. Fears' only positive function is to make one stronger.

Live your life, ignore heroes, fuck the system, wake up silent majority and see the true sounds of liberty... T.S.O.L.

"Teach the people how to get along with one another because we already know how not to!"
 63yrs • M •
1runner is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I CAME HERE FOR A TOPIC OF LIFE AFTER DEATH. HAVING HAD A OUTERBODY EXPERIENCE, I CAN PERSONALLY TELL THAT THE BODY MIGHT DIE BUT THE SPIRIT LIVES ON. THE BODY AND SOUL IS AN ENGERY SOURCE THAT IS MADE OF ELECTRICITY. BACK IN 1977 I WAS IN A BAD CAR ACCIDENT, I WENT INTO CARDIAC ARREST, I WAS LOOKING DOWN AT MYSELF IN THE AMBULANCE. I REALLY DIDN'T TELL ANYONE FOR A LONG TIME. BUT HAVE MET PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE. THEREFORE I'AM NOT AFFRAID OF DEATH, JUST LOOKING FORWARD FOR A REBIRTH. IT MIGHT BE 1 MILLION OR 1 BILLION YEARS FROM NOW, BUT WE WILL ALL COME BACK. THINK ABOUT IT! EVERY PLANET DIES AND THERE DUST AND SUBSTANCE GETS STREWN INTO THE UNIVERSE, COLLECTING WITH OTHER PARTICLES,AND THUS CREATING SOMETHING NEW. WE BECOME PART OF THAT MATTER, AND EVENTUALLY ARE REBORN. HOPE I DON'T COME BACK AS A BUG...........PHIL.............

"new life"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what do i fear about death?
not knowing whether i led a good life or not.
whether i helped the people i could or was i a dick and passed people by that needed help.
did i do all that i could.
were my friends really friends
was i a real friend
what kind of person was i?

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The fact that you will never know for sure what happens after, do you go to an afterlife? come back as something else? or simply cease to be? All three are frightening concepts...

"He who does not question is lost."
Scariest Thing About DEATH - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy