Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Plato,confucist,buddha

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Plato,confucist,buddha
Lets face it, when these guys were around people weren't very educated yet. Given you lived in their days and possed the same knowledge you posses today do you think you could have been the Plato,confucist,buddha..etc..?

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that's a tough question that i really don't think we can ever know..

being that we have gained knowledge from them.. who knows

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol well going back to the different concious and time traveling which i dont think will happen if we went back in time we could nearly be god with all the knowlage we have now... because those men were from a long time ago and the people in their era were not too bright

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it's not that they're not bright, just because you don't posess a certain knowledge doesn't mean they're not intelligent. Right now, we don't even know half the things we could possibly learn, because you can never stop learning. What we might think is intelligent right now could be considered basics or common knowledge later on.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think yess...but than again..we wouldnt posses the knowledge we do today. It'd move everything forward.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Consider maybe that we are re-lived souls that have been enlightening "learning" since the dawn of thought in man. Or even new souls doesn't matter either way. Just a possible conjeture of what is, not to say however that I personally consider it to be so.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many of the technolgies we have today could have been developed thousands of years ago, but our ancestors were not as dependant on technology as we are and they didnt see the need,they were just as smart as we are. however i am an engineer and technology is by no means evil in my opinion, i believe that money is the root of all evil. Many things about our civilisation make us more stupid than our ancient ancestors - e.g. our ancestors were far more efficent at handling waste than we are today!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" technology is by no means evil in my opinion, i believe that money is the root of all evil."

No material things are the problem, its the people and how they use them.

Greed and corruption allow missuse of tools that were developed to help us, or control us depending on who developed it with what intent.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with you leftwood, what i mean to say is that money breeds greed within humans, the human factor is important but i still find that money is such a powerfull drive for humans to do almost anything in order to obtain it. Look at the spanish conquisterdors, they destroyed inca civilisation over gold!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 38yrs • M •
Bear46 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think you are confusing cause and effect rajpal. Power is what causes the evil. When you get money you obtain power. If you were the only person on the planet then money would be nothing more than paper and gold would only be a metal. Why do politicians lie to get in office? Not for money but power. And I don't believe that evil can be traced back to just one thing. There are many forms of evil that have nothing to do with money and power.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think these men were simply tuned into the simplistic truths of life that are deeply profound because they are universal and can be applied to every living soul all over the world. Although they didn't have the same knowledge that we have know they were very practical and aware of the universal truths. So I continue to educate myself on their philosophies and practices because although there is much they didn't know what they did know is the foundation of what we know now. it's that universal truth that thing leads me to believe.

About money, ideally money is not evil. Money is SUPPOSED to be the essence of fair trade between beings that eliminates the need for force, violence, stealing, warfare, etc. If every man were to honestly earn his own money and honestly trade goods with other honest men, money wouldn't be considered evil. But people have fucked up values and when your values are fucked up your use of money becomes fucked up.

"Dare to Dream"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Money is SUPPOSED to be the essence of fair trade between beings that eliminates the need for force, violence, stealing, warfare, etc.
I would tend to disagree with that. Jesus had a tax levied upon his teachings, stated whose face is on the coin? Render unto caeser that which belongs to caeser. bartar systems existed pior to coinage of precious metals because of political or governing bodies.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Forbidden Psalm is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well i don actually believe in these things wut i believe in the the total ignorance of human information but all the knowledge we get to discover is combined efforts to reach something that has been already found or solved by a greater more powerfull source more intellegent than any human intellegence and this source is god..............

"" I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Forbidden Psalm is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The term universe signifies the totality of space, time and matter. Modern physical science has discovered that matter has no independent existence but can be reduced to the ultimate constitution of the space-time manifold. Ordinarily, space is conceived as extendedness with three dimensions, and time as a consciousness of the succession of events in space. Thus, common perception makes an empirical distinction between space and time. But scientists like Minkowski, Einstein and Eddington have tried to demonstrate and prove that every event in the universe has a four-dimensional character. What we perceive is not space and time but a space-time continuum. Matter itself is found to owe its origin to a particular feature discoverable in the space-time manifold. A kink or twist or curvature in space-time is said to be responsible for the appearance of what is commonly called matter. The nature of this curvature is dependent upon the quality and the amount of matter that it contains. The greater the matter, the greater is the curvature. And this curvature it is that goes by the name of gravitational force.

Philosophers like Kant denied any externality to space and viewed it as a necessary mode of objective perception, a special condition of the sensibility. Space, however, is not a creation of any individual mind, for all perceptions are contained in it, though it is possible for us to believe that space may be a mode of perception by a cosmic mind. In these days, there is a tendency to reduce perceptual space to certain kinds of relationship between bodies, to position, distance and direction. Even these relations are external, objective and real to all perceiving minds and are not the creations of any particular mind. Space, thus, becomes a cosmic factor necessary for the perception of things by all minds.

Time appears as an element very necessary in the understanding of any event completely. It is not enough if we merely understand the three dimensions-right and left, up and down, far and near-related to an object or event. We also require to know, in addition to these factors, a fourth dimension-succession in terms of before and after. Such temporal succession in space is called time, and due to the peculiar manner of the reaction of our minds to events that occur in space in what we call succession, we are made to create a distinction between past, present and future. The succession is really continuous, and no genuine demarcation can be made in it. But, on account of the play of our minds in the form of sense-perception, memory and imagination, such a threefold distinction is made in the passage of time. In fact, the present is only a concept. It does not exist as distinguished from the past and the future. In actual practice the present turns out to be the subtle concept of an infinitesimal part of the succession of events, which directly appears as a content of sense-experience. The past has an infinite history and the future has infinite possibilities. The present fades away either to eternity or to nothingness.

"" I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED""
Plato,confucist,buddha
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy