Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Crash

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Crash
so many things were great about this movie, i hardly know where to begin.

you definately have to be comfortable with different ethnicities in order to appreciate the humor. there is one racial stereotypical driven joke after another, and i loved this. each character is very well defined, very stereotypical. the main thing this movie has going for it is the connectivity between all of the characters, you have to pay close attention to catch it all i think. the downfall is that there are so many characters that each one gets very little time in the movie and as a result it is hard to care too deeply for them, unless of course you are of that particular race Don Cheadle's character is really the only one that gets enough screen time to allow you to feel for him. this is by no means implying that scenes with other characters arent powerful... the most powerful scene in my opinion involves a persian man and an hispanic family. sandra bullock gives another incredibly powerful performance right in the beginning of the movie.

the whole movie fits together very well, the acting is superb (even Ludacris is great) and it portrays a lot of the raw emotion that everyone goes through in real life. i think most people who frequent captaincynic would enjoy this movie a great deal.

8.5/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that May Day is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey, Wyote. It's good to hear a good review about this movie. I really want to see it. I do have one question though. Was Sandra Bullock really convincing? It seems like she's playing a vey different character. I'm so used to seeing her falling down and looking goofy.

I think Don Cheadle is pretty great. I heard an interview where he was saying people always come up to him and say, "Hey man! Loved you on SNL!" Then he explains that he is not Tim Meadows. Ha. Haven't brought myself to see Hotel Rowanda just because it seems so heavy.

Will Crash make me cry?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sandra is extremely convincing, i didnt know she had such ferocity in her at all, it was almost scary.

you will cry. you will laugh. you wont want to leave the theatre.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Crash??? i have never heard of that movie... when was it made?

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that May Day is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's brand new, it just came out last week, I believe.

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is it about?

"shop smart shop s-mart"
Crash
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy