Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Concieveing Certain Things

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
Bear46 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Have you ever tried to concieve something that never ends? or never begins? There has to be something, but for some reason I, nor anybody else I know, can imagine something that never ends. Like numbers...or time. Eternity, infinity. Try to imagine a new color that is completely different that any other color. One that is not a shade of another color like red or blue. A color that is completely new. Can it be done? I wish I could understand these things but I can't. They seem so simple.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to imagine an infinity would take an infinity. as for a new color... thats not so difficult for me...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm...well there are colors at higher and lower frequencies that we humans are not able to see...that's pretty strange to think about also.

"How am I not myself?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow I've always thought that too bear..

I believe it is impossible to imagine a color that you have not already seen..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well if it never ends and never begins, then it doesn't exist at all because it never started at in the first place. So in fact, nothing is really infinite.
Thats how i see it anyway.

"He who does not question is lost."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"nothing is really infinite"...say it differently as an assertive phrase and you have just put your finger on your question... Imagining an infinity takes the beginning of a thought....living an infinity takes a moment....infinity in itself is what you live in......am I getting confusing??.......if you try to look at the infinite beginning and end of something and you can't come to a conclusion...that doesn't mean it never existed.... it means that you're in the existence of it (a part of it) and understanding it would take you out of that existence.........so that it can be looked at from a different perspective.......

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aight here's an example....it's like there's a giant out there somewhere....and he left a footprint...now you're an ant in the middle of the footprint and you see mountainous region all around you.......now you know that there's a giant somewhere out there and you're looking for evidence of his footprint......you will ponder and search for "infinity" for that footprint until you get out of it and take an aeral view and see it was right where you were standing........so is the same as everything else that you search to understand....get outta the box and see it from a different perspective...

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've thought about that color issue before too, but it just makes my brain hurt, hahaha. But I agree, I dont think its possible to come up with a new color, that you havn't already seen. Because when you thinik of "color" your brain automatically thinks all the ones we have already seen. And what would you call it anyways? I've always wondered how colors got their name.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thinking of a new color is hard. I view colors as light, like from a sun--which glows, and not as something solid. The sun consists of many colours, so I think that if I was to try to think up a new color, it would be in the form of some sort of light or glow.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
Whytie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I know you're feeling. Sometimes if i'm in some sort of state of heightened awarenes my hands feel so big. Its like they are so big and there is no end to them..

"I Like Things"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ssenfieri is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think people can really concieve "infinity" or "nothing" at all. Have you ever tried to think what absolute nothingness really is? Not blackness, just nothing.

"Silly, far too silly."
 38yrs • M •
Bear46 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Absolute nothingness is another tough idea to get. I did hear a blind guy, who could see at one point, talk one time about what he sees and he said nothing. He said its a misconception that blind people see just black, they actually see nothing at all.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Energy never really dies though, and space is never ending, time never stops, based on these simple facts I believe infinity is very real, maybe beyond being able to fathom, but definately real....

"Dare to Dream"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i used to think about that when i was a kid, like for people that dont believe in many lives: what happens when we die then? we never exist again? we stay dead for ever and ever?. And then i tried to imagine that "for ever and ever" and i couldn't concibe it, it used to drive me crazy.
(i'm sure i made a lot of gramatical mistakes or made up words, sorry, english is not my mother tongue)

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If God is the Creater, where did God come from? A Morman elder explained this to me: When God gets old, he will create another God and then die, and this process goes on and on. I was told however by the Mormon church that this is only a personal belief and not a belief of the Mormen church. Apperantly when you rise up high enough within the Mormon church, you are allowed to develop your own beliefs. Wow, what a liberal idea.

I've never thought about designing my own color. I don't know how I would do that without combining other colors. Already I am smelling smoke, I better quit before that one fries my brain.

Feelings - when I was a child and felt many of them. For some reason when we grow up we don't feel things like we did when we were a child. I used to wonder about feelings. I've decided that each one was a different color, but that is the extent of my understanding of feelings. Don't tell me its a chemicle thing in the brain. Feelings are more than that. But I don't know what.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy