Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Anarchy, misundersood

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
Jimi444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Anarchy, misundersood
I have realized that Anarchy and how it works is extremly misunderstood. So i made this thread to show people what anarchy really means. So just post a question people have about anarchy and i will anwser it the best i can.

edit: crap i realize i spelled misunderstood wrong, sorry about that. It was a typo.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd like to know two things about Anarchy:
- Since you want to destroy the State, please define what you mean by the State
- Because a State is not there to enforce anarchy, how does anarchy maintain itself?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 34yrs • M •
Jimi444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If i understand you correctly, pretty much just no government. Which is hard to define, but i'll try. With my vision of anarchy we would have the same day to day life as we do now. Just that there would be no money, and no upper or lower class (everyone is equal). You do your own part in the community to make it better. So if you do you benefit from the community, so you will have a house and computer and all that good stuff. Which is made by other people who helped benefited the community. I was thinking that the community would be the state/providence that you live in.

For your second question, would probably go with the laws. There would be laws, just fewer. In a nutshell, you can do anything you want as long as you don't harm/endanger anyone else. So to keep it in order, my first paragraph tells a little about it.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Without money, how will you place value on things, and how will decide who gets what?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Even with money you have to place values on things, determine its monetary value.

And the communism he speaks of I'm guessing everyone gets the same of everything.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't think true anarchy (the complete absence of any kind of government, laws, etc.) could last longer than a week or two. eventually everyone would group up into little factions in order to survive, and in order for a group of people to coexist in harmony, they must eventually develop some sort of system of rules. like angelfire said, in order for anarchy to survive, someone must be there to enforce it, which would go against the entire idea of anarchy.

"You are reading this."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What if there are disagreements in the laws or values? The as windupnostril pointed out, people would either divide themselves or appoint a person in power, which defeats the purpose. It's only human nature that one would do what they can to survive, and group together with those who has the same viewpoints. Kind of like in the book Blindness, where in the wards there were no rules among the people so they group together, and then the strongest group rules and has the authority. Anarchy just wouldn't work.

34yrs • M •

Like i said in second post laws would be decided in a bi-weekly meeting, where the leader (at the time). Puts out his suggestions to better the community, and the people in the meeting would vote. With a simple majority, the act would past and take effect. Also for the money i really don't know for sure how it would work. I know that you would benefit from the community and mybe you just get your fair share of the community. Which would differ, from how successful your community is.

The only way the true anarchy that i dream would work, is if the whole world was this form of anarchy. Because if just one nation wasn't, than they could take over much of the world pretty easily (which you could say is a problem of anarchy). So i would say in modern times is that your community would have its own military in these times and would be used only if no other way out.

I was going to say something else but i forgot it now, i'll edit it when i remember.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I think that's the reason that anarchy really could never last long....you would always have someone or some group taking power. Also, I don't believe you're talking about true anarchy. You cannot have even the minutest amount of government structure and call it anarchy, can you? Here are the definitions I got for the word:

1.Absence of any form of political authority.
2.Political disorder and confusion.
3.Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

"How am I not myself?"
 34yrs • M •

^ if you are talking about the military part it is a bitch. I guess we would have to have some government until we would be ready for none. But i think it could work, and it would defiantly worth the shot. Anarchy is the only posible way for peace on this earth, with government we will never have peace. We would have the military and they would only fight in a war, if like i said would have to have the support of the majority of the group. Also if someone doesn't pull their own weight around the community, the community would address you as a problem and if you do it again you would be kicked out of the community. Where you would go to a community where people go if they try to sleeze off. They will stay there until they have proven themselves fit to come back to the community.

Also for education, i my thoughts is that you would have much less. English 1 through 8 grade, math 1 through 3 and after you are done with math you would go into a class that is made to help you find a career you would like to do after school. There would be no grades, there would just be a test at the end of the term (or whatever you want) and you will have to pass it will 75% or higher and if you fail you will have to repeat the year. High School would pretty much be like college, where you get to work on what you will be doing when you are older. I would like this more, mainly for the fact that most of the class we have in todays society we forget a few weeks after we learn them and we never use it in live. I thought that up myself so you can tell me what you think.

35yrs • F •
quote:
They will stay there until they have proven themselves fit to come back to the community.

What if they don't want to go back to the community? Then after a while more people would get kicked out for various reasons because of disagreement and so on, that they'll just goup together and maybe instigate a rebellion against anarchy.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the reason anarchy doesnt work is because people are assholes. oh and dumb. people are dumb assholes. if everyone were smart and kind, anarchy would be the best way to live.

i mean globally. if everyone were smart and kind we would automatically know how to solve problems and want to do so. plus we would not worry about other countries, as they would all be smart and kind as well. all sentient beings would have to behave this way in order for anarchy to work. otherwise "crimes" must have consequences, differing opinions arise and solutions are unsolveable. i hate people.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the reason anarchy doesnt work is because people are assholes. oh and dumb. people are dumb assholes. if everyone were smart and kind, anarchy would be the best way to live.

Yes. The majority of hatred/racism comes from gaps in inteliigence. Otherwise, anarchy would work fine. But there will always be dumbasses, so.....*sigh*

"How am I not myself?"
 35yrs • F •
Yeh, if we were perfect, sensible, smart people, we wouldn't need a government to rule over us to make sure we're in line.

43yrs • M •
caliban920 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that anarchy would work, if people would learn to accept eachother, which I know, because of human nature will never happen. If the people could make their own laws and enforce them, we wouldn't need a governing body. Unfortunately, people aren't made that way. We do anything we can for our own personal gain. The corruption of today's society is horrifying. If only we were good people, then anarchy would be a utopia.

Anarchy, misundersood
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy