Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Iraq

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Iraq
In response to MarlboroCowboy's post at http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=38961-u-frmid=17-u-page=1
, and since everyone, including myself, seems to be drifting off topic elsewhere...

Marlboro, thank you for putting yourself in harms way to protect my freedom, I have always honored our soldiers past and present, coming from a long line of volunteers from Tennessee, even if I do not agree with everything that your superiors do with you. I am the 'Big Disappointment' to my father, the only one of four sons not to serve, but they just don't seem to have a use for a half blind diabetic with a faulty heart valve.

But since you are there, perhaps you can settle a few questions that no one else seems able to answer for me adequately. What gives America the basic right to invade another country? I have never said no good has come from this war, but is that 'good' really worth the lives it has cost us? You compare 'mundane' military gear to WMD; Iraq did have a right to a military, and other than those weapons and equipment any country might possess to defend itself, have we indeed found WMD? I agree that there was a need for something to be done in Iraq, but as ineffectual as it can be, it was the responsibility of the UN to address any Humanitarian question there. And who are we going to 'pick on' next?

If our American Government had minded it's own business throughout history and today (as opposed to our citizens helping other countries though charitable organizations), then you and our other sons and daughters would not be in harms way at the moment. Do you really think that if terrorists did not view us as potential invaders, that they would have attacked us in the first place? I am in total agreement that if someone tries to invade American soil, that they deserve their heads handed to them, but what clear evidence supports our invasion of Iraq, or indeed any military involvement in the Middle East at all?

Bless you, and may your God watch over you and keep you safe, and may the Gods bring all of our soldiers home in one piece. Keep your head down soldier.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
Iraq
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy