Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

grandfather theory

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
grandfather theory
okay so you theoreticly go back in time and put a cap in your grandfathers ass what happens....

well if you kill him you wouldnt exist so how could you go back in the first place.

which means that:you could view past time but not change it?

these are my views any others

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that means you wouldnt exist the moment you thought of doing that. But if somehow you did kill your grand pa, then maybe he wasnt your grand pa. Like in futurama, the dude goes back and gets his grand pa killed, but he still exists, why? Because he banged his grand ma in the past thus creating him in the future. Weird? Yes.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Going back in time means that time doesn't pass but exists as a parallel. If you can move along the parallel, both forward and backwards it means that time is not a parallel line but a plane. On that plane your grandfather exists in a set of parallels. You exist in a set of parallels. If you kill your grandfather before the child of that grandfather was conceived you change the plane of existence that is no longer a single plane but a pair of co-related planes or a series of planes stacked on top of each other up to skyscraper heights. On some of those planes you exist. On some you don't. My personal theory on deja-vu is that we are already several planes high and deja-vu is nothing more than reliving another plane's past and remembering a hint of what we already lived in one of our parallel/plane/cube existences.oz

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
alternate universes...okay but if you stick to the same universe and just go back in time and kill ur grandfather/ur past self then what or kill them all highly improbable but anyway

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would seem to me, that if you existed in the first place, to go back and murder your grandfather that you yourself already existed in a parallel universe, yes? Because you existed, you could not stay in the same timeline.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, if your dumb enough to do that then "You have just entered the twilight zone."

grandfather theory
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy