Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Relationship: What is going on?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
EvanV is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I need some help with a relationship issue. My main problem is that I can't figure out what a girl is thinking or what she wants. Here is the situation...
This girl and I had been exchanging looks for several weeks. I asked her to prom which she vaguely accepted because she wasn't going with her boyfriend. Concerning her boyfriend, she has told me that they almost broke up once or twice because she was no longer interested in him and that she had cheated on him twice. Later she said that she was going to go to dinner with her friends and that she would meet me there and "dance with everyone." I took this as she wasn't actually interested but when I asked her about it she said that I was the one that didn't seem interested. She knows how I feel about her and when I asked her about how she felt about me, she said that she will tell me in person "so there is no confusion." Also she said that I should know. She implied that she might go with just me when she "gets to know" me better.
My problem is that I know she feels positively towards me but I don't know to what extent. Also, the boyfriend problem has been plaging me, is she going to break up with him or am I a possible person for her to cheat on him with? Overall, WHAT IS GOING ON?!

"I can't figure it out..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one thing is certain, she is a cheater. and my philosophy is - once a cheater, always a cheater. and she sounds very insensitive to me too. forget her, she is just fucking with you. you may be able to hook up with her for a while, things may even be pretty good. but if she was really serious, and actually in to you... well she would be behaving much differently.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
EvanV is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't think that she is insensitive at all. Last night she was broken up over not going to a friend's birthday party and was actually crying. Your response seems a little bit off base except for the last part which is kinda what I was thinking.

"I can't figure it out..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evan--

Wyote I think hit the nail on the head about cheating. She cheated on him, so what the hell is the difference? If she cheated on him she'll do it to you too. UNLESS by some miraculous act of God, she gets some sense knocked into her. But I've found that is rare. How old is she? I think what I've figured out, is that the kind of guys, that are willing to commit themselves to a relationship (at our age), seem to fall harder for the girl then the girl does for the guy. I've been experiencing this first hand the past month, and I've been learning a lot. I'd sit, and have a serious discussion with her. Talk about trust issues, how can you trust her if shes already been unfaithful to someone else? Talk about what she wants, tell her what you want. Good luck man, girls are freakin impossible. lol.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
haha yeah same here.. i try to establish the trust by always keeping my promises and making a point of how important it is to keep your promises..

you're only as good as your word.. if you promise to be with one person and one person only then DAMN IT you better do it..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok...it seems to me she is playing with you....im sorry....but, i dont think she's interested in haveing you as her boyfriend,i hate to addmit it but i have lead guys on in a round about way...maybe she likes getiing attention from you,maybe she likes you as a friend,maybe she's keeping her options open...maybe she's just looking for someone new to cheat on her boyfriend with......either way,i think you should look for a different love interest....sorry

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
joel.......hey,boys are no picnic either

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that hazeleyes is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think i know what your doing maybe you don't really like this girl you just think you do . the attention she is giving you makes you feel wanted so you amp yourself up to like her. i should talk i do thet alot

"shit happens"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ssenfieri is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would stay away from that one. If she cheated on him, she'd cheat on you. She could be the type that just plays with everyone's feelings.

"Silly, far too silly."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy