Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Out of Body

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Out of Body
Have you ever stared into the mirror at yourself for a long period of time? Then all the sudden you feel really wierd like you are looking at someone, but it's not you....

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have had both an inner and outer body experience, it happened in the North Atlantic when I was in the Navy - I believe stress was the major energy involved.

I was the master helmsman, we 21 days out there in 24 to 27 foot swells. We were the first ship to have an aluminum superstructure and four boulers and two screws, we was the fastes in the fleet. Our superstructure had cracked and we were running out of fuel and was told we couldn't 10 minutes in that cold water if we went down. We made four attempts to take on fuel out there, but couldn't do it.

On our second attempt we spent eight hours trying to take on fuel and I was on the helm the whole time constently making small course changes to steady with the ship besides us. "Left steady 235" "Left steady 235 aye sir""Right steady 230"Right steady 230 ay sir". Back and forth, after six hours I got tired of this and so I quit and my body took over. I just relaxed while I heard my body reapeat the oders back eachtime, my eyes steady on the giro and my arms turned the wheel, me, I was relaxing. It was wierd.

I also had an out of body experience - I'm not sure what to make of that. The mind plays tricks when it's tired and stressed.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow thats interesting citykid.. alot of the best stories are ones like that..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes, sometimes when u look at urself, u suddenly think that if I m there, then who am I. Through meditation I get that feeling almost all the time now, withought needing a mirror. Basically, this feeling is what spiritualit strives for. That feeling, is basically alowing u 2 see who u really r, to see into the nature of reality. I know often it's scary, but don't get afraid and get deeper into that feeling.
When u look into the mirror and u get that feeling, basically at that point u suddenly realize that all the previous notions you had of yourself, what u defined 'me' by, is just an illusion.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
Out of Body
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy