Life is often hard. The blade is my only comfort. i used to rely on you, but since the last heartbreak i desided that my own blood, and my self are the only things that cares about me. - Blood_princess
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Racism in America

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Racism in America
I will apologize in advance to members of the American minority community who might frequent this forum and have fragile egos, but I plan on stepping on many toes. If it is too radical, or inappropriate, then I would hope the Admin's would remove this thread.

The recent claims by some in the media, that the Michael Jackson case is merely another instance of racism in the US, has gotten my proverbial hackles standing straight in the air, and earned my ire. Prepare for Rant!

Many in the minority community are inappropriately using racism as a rally cry, and point to our jails being disproportionably filled with minorities, and claim racism to be the cause. Instead of admitting that there are a very disproportionate number of minority youth committing crimes, and educating their youth so that they may have a better chance to advance themselves, they shout racism. Affirmative Action, instigated by a small 'Special Interest' group, and lets face it, that is what the NAACP has devolved into, is discrimination at best to non-minorities, and damaging at worst to people who are thrust into positions they are unprepared for. Out of the thirty some odd police personnel hired because of Affirmative Action in my city from 1982-1985, only two were left a decade later, more than half sit in the State Penn to this day. Instead of assisting predominantly minority schools that were in trouble educationally, through educator training and material support, the Federal Government passes the forced school desegregation laws, whose constitutionality and effectiveness where questionable at it's inception, and whose concepts are empirically disproved today. Instead of fixing the problem, our top legislators did what they do now, basically treating appendicitis with aspirin, by placing the burden of equality on the shoulders of innocent and unknowing children, and the backs of taxpayers. Attacking the symptom and not the cause.

These demands of 'Reparations' are just too much. Is the son responsible for the father's sins? Should I seek Reparations for the way my Irish ancestors where treated in this country as immigrants and Catholics during the 19th Century? Should I seek money, because the 1st Nations portion of my ancestry was raped repeatedly, murdered, and our lands taken by force? Why is guilt being fostered today among the non-minority population? And why the hell is there even a seed of guilt? The reprehensible, and just plain disgusting, institution of slavery was properly and permanently legislated out of existence 140 years ago! You will not find an American who was a slave alive today.

Racism in itself is illogical, reprehensible, and just plain stupid. But so is using a minority status to gain something you just do not deserve nor earned, be it employment, education slots in institutions of higher learning, money, or just plain respect. Some will surely label me a Racist now, or a White Supremacist. But I can guarantee you, if no one knew my heritage, and I started spouting off about how I was being discriminated against, and my Civil Rights violated, every one of you would assume I am part of the minority community. Since when did the term 'Civil Rights' only apply to minorities? When did the terms bigot and racist only apply to non-minorities? When did the term 'discrimination' only apply to minorities, why even the need for the term 'reverse discrimination'? When did the phrase 'Equal Rights' cease to mean just that? Why are whites that stand up for them selves labeled Supremacist, racists and bigots? I am certainly none of those, despite what some may think, but I cannot stand by and let this happen without trying to speak out. Just as I defend my right to worship, being part of a religious minority, I will certainly stand up for equal rights for racial minorities, but not at the cost of my own heritage. If that makes me a bigot or supremacist, then so be it, feel free to label me as such, but expect an argument.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i completely agree alot of times watching the news u see that a minority whose been arrested will "cry wolf" oh he pulled me over because i was black or blah blah blah and some times that's but not as often as ppl make it out to be and giving ppl jobs that they can't do because they're a minority isn't fair to the ppl who can do the job minority or not

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
Racism in America
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy