Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Lost love

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lost love
How do I cope with it? How have some of you people out there coped with losing a boyfriend/girlfriend? I've heard the saying its always easier to leave then to be left. And I think that it is pretty damn true. I've been broken up with my girlfriend for about a month now, and I still think about her everyday, wish we were together. Its not getting any better...or any easier for that matter. I've tried SO many times to stop talking to her, but she ALWAYS comes back and talks to me, but she doesnt want to be with me, and she already has a new boyfriend. I cant take talking to her knowing she is loving somebody else. She tells me she wants to be with me later in life, when she gets out of high school (senior). But what the fuck (sorry for language) im not going to wait around for her to come back to me while she has her legs open elsewhere...it just pisses me off, but makes me so sad at the same time. I wish I could wait for her, but its bullshit. Im sure some of you can see where I am coming from. So I guess my real question...ah shit...shes calling me right now....not answering though...not answering...my real question is, HOW do I get my mind off her. HOW?!? It seems so impossible to do. So far I've found sleep. The only time I dont think about it is when I sleep. But of course I dont want to...god...she keeps calling....3rd time in about 30 seconds...I dont want to sleep the rest of my life. Any ideas? Thanks guys and girls.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
joel i wanna email you a pic of my eyes n you can just stare at em forever n forget all about hern the way i coped was music mostly ozzy

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think what you have to do is get away from the main problem thats causing you so much heartache, which is you ex gf. You have to tell her to stop calling you, tell you that you think waiting for her while she's screwing around with some other guy isn't fair. I mean, your not just some toy she can play with when she feels it's right. It's not all about her, ya know? So breaking all possible contact from her, and finding other things to do to keep you mind busy mightl help. Also, think of other things that could brighten you up, like about the good things you got going on right now. Make goals and keep an open mind. BUt most importantly, tell her to stop hanging around you if she doesn't want to be with you, then stay away from her.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sleep is definately not the answer, i took that route once. later i found out that sleeping more is an early sign of depression. if anything, get out more. go out with friends, see some movies, go out to eat... just do everything you can that has always been fun for you on your own.

i dont buy that "later in life" bullshit for one second. she probably just doesnt want to hurt you and its the only thing she could come up with that didnt seem totally heartless. if a person really loves you, they stay with you.

tell her she needs to stop calling, be very up front about things. tell her that it just hurts to much to even be around her and that you both need to move on. once you muster up the strength to explain everything youll feel better... granted it will hurt for a while, always does.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, also, when they leave, they're most likely not coming back. Don't beat yourself up about loosing your significant other since to them, you are not significant. Also, if they come back saying how stupid they've been, passing you up, I have only one word for you- RUN! I made that mistake and I'm still dealing with the concequences. (But don't do it harshly- if they're looking to kiss and make up, the last thing they need is a slap in the face.) But seriously, love lost sucks. Period.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes, so true...

37yrs • M •
Grrrrr I hate girls. lol. I have to stay here till next feburary (thats a funny word, I tried to spell it like 20 different ways, I still dont know if its spelt right lol), because thats when Im going off to Central Washington University. I cant wait to get out of here, start a NEW LIFE, meet NEW people. NEW GIRLS. Ones that wont break my heart. This sexperience has changed me though. Im not sure if its for the better or for the worse, Its not going to be easy for me to trust people now...I dunno. Its like I've come to a point, where I have to shut off all my emotions, or Im going to go insaneeee. So if I shut it off...thats the only way I can think to make this bareable. Damnit I need to get a tattoo.

35yrs • F •
Yeh, moving away has it's appeal--you get to start over. But if you move with unresolved problems, then it just follows you and affects you in certain parts of your life. It's too bad that you can't run away from your problems--believe me, I know. I also know what you mean, not being able to trust people. I still don't. It's like I've been let down too often by people I care about so I just kind of figure, hey, if I don't don't let anyone in, then I won't get hurt. It sucks though. It screws things up for people who want to be in your life.

37yrs • M •
god i was such a little bitch back in the day hahaha

Lost love
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy