The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

developing your existence through experience?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
bighead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Would most people agree that to live in a animated sense - not in the way rocks exist - is bound to our ability to experience. I can't help but question it if you try to explain colour to a blind man you will realise it is impossible, sight can only be explained with the boundry set by our original sight. i.e. yellow is like the colour of the sun (you need to see the sun) yellow is bright (you need the comparision of dark). Does this mean that their experiences have been limited therefore their existence been restricted? Or does it mean they are without boundries that we are bound by, the brightest or biggest thing we saw thus not able to see something beyond it. But they don't have this either.

I wish to know that if with "experience boundries" you exist less, and without you can experience everything, thus existing more?

"their is always a way to make it better"
[  Edited by bighead at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I wish to know that if with "experience boundries" you exist less, and without you can experience everything, thus existing more?"

If you see what's infront of your eyes then that's all you know you saw.....but if you see what's around you then knowing becomes irrelevant.........existing more or less becomes foolish in the whole sense......you become aware of who you are in totatlity when the knowledge of experience is lost..........I see what's infront of me, and know everything that's behind me....I have no knowledge of experiencing what is out of my line of sight.....yet I have pure knowledge of everything out of my line of sight....make sense?......same with everything....tell me if you understand....

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
bighead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
reply 2 730 ".I have no knowledge of experiencing what is out of my line of sight.....yet I have pure knowledge of everything out of my line of sight"

Are yout trying to say that knowledge is not bound by our experiences. To know what is behind you without having the experienced it thorugh a sence makes your knowledge false does it not?, mabey not to you but atleast to every other person that is experiencing what is behind you through a sence.

38yrs • M •
^^you see you depend on your senses to let you know what is physical.....what is behind me is nothing!...that Is what I know and that nothing becomes tangible to me as the computer screen infront of me, because it's an untouched existing plane. what is behind you will always be nothing and when you understand the tangible nothing that's behind you, you know and experience without any form of sense.

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
I understand what your saying but it only makes what you know and understand only valid to yourself. To a reasonable extent to know something which can be proven wrong by our sences yet you reject the use of your sences you most deffinatly know less than the person who only knows what he sees as what he knows can atleast be proven. unless of course you are talking about exestential knowledge which by deffinition cannot be restricted by sence.

38yrs • M •
^^^precisely.... why would you want to know everything? If you did then what would be the point of existence? knowing everything is the understanding that you know nothing at all, and in that scenario learning is forever abundant. Knowing less than the person who sees what's behind you doesn't make them more insightful on the current situation, because in truth they're in the same situation as you, they only see what's infront of their face and don't realize that nothing is behind them!

Knowledge without sense is unrestricted movement without consciousness....in that way you're constantly aware of your existence and also aware that you're constantly experiencing life and the world.....nobody knows more or less than anybody else, people just see differently that's it...when you see all without your eyes then you can understand that everything is just the same.....do you get it?

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
I understand but its not practicle. Your right in a metaphysical sence but sertainly not in a earth bound existance, i guess your not talking about that kind, other wise the use of our sences would be undeniable

38yrs • M •
^^on an earthboud sense...senses is all that shows you what experience is....anything seen touched felt is an experience....that's the only way you can live on earth......

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
^^^precisely.... why would you want to know everything? If you did then what would be the point of existence? knowing everything is the understanding that you know nothing at all, and in that scenario learning is forever abundant.

Knowing everything doesn't mean u cease 2 have a purpose, that state is called enlighnment. In knowing everything u realize that all your previous understanding of this world was just an illusion.

Our understanding of our existance is defined by our experiances. We become so dependant on what we see hear and smell, that our understanding of the world is limited only to these experiances

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
when you know everything you become pompous and proud... when you know nothing you become enlightened, thus enabling you to know all....and that knowledge only brings you back to what was original... you know nothing!!

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when you find something out you become enlightened.. knowing that you know nothing is what enlightens you..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that you folks are talking in the same realm. What you don't realize is that to know everything is to know nothing (like ya'll said) however, as we are now we know nothing at all. It is not a cirlcle. It is a line. At the end we are still the same, but we are diffrent because we know it all. In the begging of this line we know nothing and that is it. There is a remarkable diffrence.People do not realize that everything is a balance. It is not just right, and it is not just wrong. It is always both, and enlightenment is understanding a concept were we take to opposites like knowing and knowing nothing and make them one. That is enlightenment.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy