Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Theories on Death - Page 3

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
JeffBoswell is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
HaiderKhan, I assume you are trying to create an afterlife that makes sense to you. I do that myself and have gave birth to many plausible ideas of an afterlife. I have actually had one a lot like what you have mentioned.
But, I have found one I'm sticking with.

"Moments before death, 1 second will come. Within that 1 second you will find a dream. And within that dream your perception of time will die. The next second comes to those living."

Let me know if you follow.

"I am me"
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"...I think, without knowledge, and without other people to share your knowledge. Your life wouldn't have a meaning to it. ..."

If you strain your thoughts through some proofreading... you might notice, some are more pure than others...

meaning?

Not everything you've said requires a leap in thinking without the logical steps towards such conclusions...

The above quote is such an example...

On the other hand - existence is existence... whatever you described doesn't fit the billet

soooooooooo... it's not

it just isn't... I can barely explain this...

It's fiction... has no root in reality - it has no ally with truth - and of course can NEVER be proven...

I can hear you now - " Oh I'll know when it happens an I spread out into all the minds that remember me..."

yeah, you die and become a mini-god

or if famous... something more?

lol!

Some people are "glass half empty people"
some people are "glass half full kinda' people"

Me?

It's just half... matter of fact if I dump it into a half sized glass...

it's full...

no matter what - it's limited amount of material... which has a set value completely independent of

HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE APPEARENCE IN THE GLASS !!!!

Heaven and Hell - I can hear you already - I never said anything about that... yes you did... there's nothing new under the sun...

Since neithe one of them will take me till I'm dead... death is superior to either, and life is supreme to the three of them...

silly actually...

If I spent the 36 previous years of my life, not spinning my wheels on that crap... I'd be so far ahead in this game of life and living it so much more abundantly

religion is slavery

stop trying recreate one in the old archetypes and images of the main problems on the earth...

how about this,

not everyone on the planet even believes in a "god"

but ALL MUST DO BUSINESS

even if you trade in seashells buddy...

so why not master that philosophy and communicate with the world..

if you're right -
it's a better chance for you to be remembered by many more - for good or ill ...

which you didn't make clear in your thread whether it mattered if people remembered you fondly or not..

then again like most narcisistic religious zealots.. you probably never considered the possibility of anyone developing a hatred for you and remembering you that way, huh?

possibly an indication that you are pure in intention, if only misled in rearing

by the way, that religous over doing it is sooooooooooo UNsexy

if it matters to you

fin'

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 33yrs • M •
llllJesusllll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My main theory to what happens when you die is that you become human again. but who? i believe i have a structure that could make some sense. if you have kids and you die and your kid has a baby then that baby is you. it goes in order though. for example if you die and both of your kids have babies then the first one that comes to earth is you. if you dont have kids then the closest person to you by blood has a baby it will be you. reply back with anything.

""What we know is....this life now. What we dont know....is our other life.""
 57yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Merciless is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have posted this on another thread but I feel it may fit in better here. I have also expanded on this concept.

Below are a few ideas I have on life, infinite life and the Universe and beyond.

Maybe the egyptians were aware of the fact that one day in the future man would be able to bring them back, maybe they didn't know how this would happen but it could well be possible to do this using DNA, that is why they tried to preserve their bodies in order for there to be some DNA still available to do this, they also tried to keep all of their treasure with them so that they would be rich when they return.

With man now reaching the point that eternal life is no longer an impossibility, we are considering religion much differently, maybe God does not exsist and we are able to create what most people call heaven here on Earth and other planets in ours and other universes.

Most people say that they do not want to live forever as the Earth would become over populated, that is simply because we still do not understand how we can move on to other planets in a fast enough time to make it viable for anyone to make the trip, but if you consider the work being done in Switzerland and try to imagine what possibilities this might open up it is only a matter of time until we are able to travel to new Worlds in very short spaces of time, this would mean that all of a sudden we would realise that we are no longer at the end of time but at the very beginning.

Imagine that our Universe is one of many, that these are in many ways the same as the Earth, that if you could pull away from our Universe it would look like Earth (or a planet) and this could mean that an atom is the outer shell of another Universe and that because millions of atoms sit alongside each other that Infinity does not only go deep, but Wide. This would also explain why that when you split an atom it causes such an explosion, as inside these atoms are millions of Universes side by side and deep, there is no reason to consider ourselves at the beginning or end of the chain, we could simply be in the middle or at any point along the chain, in fact if it is infinite then we we none of these, we simply are one of that infinite chain.

Maybe in the future when they are deciding which people are brought back, they simply analyse the DNA and see if it meets the criteria of the type of person that would be good and upstanding, an asset to a better world, this could explain the reasons behind a number of things.

When people on their deathbed have their lives flash before them this runs a type of checking process that makes the DNA easy to read, it decides at that point if you have good DNA or bad DNA, that could explain why human nature then cries out for the chance of a bit more time to adjust that balance.

All religions are based on these principles, saying if you want to live forever then you need to be a better person. Maybe there are Universes out there that are already far more progressed than we are, and in order to move closer to those Universes we need to become a better and safer place in order that we do not start a chain reaction that could endanger the already evolved Universes, maybe we have already started moving closer to these all the time and with moving closer we get more understanding of how things work. Maybe the answer we are all looking for is the fact that there is no answer, once you accept that you are at peace with yourself and you can start to improve your life in a way that will worthy of continuing on.
Even if you do not believe this or that you think hmmm... it makes sense but I don't think it's right, just choosing to live a better life just in case can only make your life better and more fulfilled.

"Doing the right thing, works on every level - By myself :)"
 57yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Merciless is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just as an afterthought, I do not want people to subscribe to this theory because it may well be that I have got it completely wrong, all I am saying is simply that if you do the right thing, you automatically get the best out of life, being a good person is a safeguard you are putting in place that means that if there is something after you die then you will be better off because of that, and if there isn't you have made the most out of the one life you have.

"Doing the right thing, works on every level - By myself :)"
 33yrs • M •
llllJesusllll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i kind of understand what you are saying, if you want to explain it with more detail id like to know. i have other ideas that can help with getting a better understanding about after death. a good question i think to ask yourself is what is before your birth? if i follow my idea then i was another human but id be like my great grandfather or someone whos closets blood wize to me and i never met my great grandfather. maybe if i learned and knew about most of his life and try to connect it to mine in some way then my idea could make more sense. i also question myself a lot like if it is 100 percent true that there is life after death and everyone knows it and its a true fact then i ask a question. how do you transport or how do you get your like soul/mind/spirit/yourself into another body. im trying to say like if that theroy is true then what is in between after your death and your birth. there must be some kind of spirtitual or non scientific stuff behind that question. comment back please thanks

33yrs • M •
i was thinking about how you said that maybe there is no answer. i thought of that sometimes and just realized something. say you go in reverse from now and go backwards in time to the dinasours and way before that and just keep going to the beginning. maybe your right. maybe there is just no anwser because you could just keep asking and so whats before that. like say god did create everything. whats before that? just keep saying it and there is no answer. i also got one more thought on how to find out what happens before life to see if there is life after death. how is life created? obviously the sperm and egg or whatever. i dont really no anything scientifically about that but ask this. how and where is sperm created or like how do you develope it and ask the same with the female. try to reverse the creation of life like i was saying to create life or have a baby your need a male and female to create new life. keep asking whats before the baby is born? its the sperm and egg. then how is that made. however that is made ask how the next thing is made. if i knew more about it maybe you can connect life to death or death to life. this is kind of crazy to think about but its what we know. gather what we know and reverse it or go ahead in time. if you go ahead in time we will be talking about the exact millasecond or threshold before death, the exact time of death, the exact millasec after death and the rest of the time after death. this is what i think of to come up with some new ideas behind "after death" theroy. reply back please thanks

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScottxBadass is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do have one theory on life. It is not connected to the previous posts but I'd like to get my thoughts out there in hopes of getting some feedback.

Now, unlike many theories on life after death, I do not believe every
religion is wrong. In fact it's the polar opposite. I believe that every
religion is right. Not on how everything was created but what happens afterward. Now, to get into my theory...

When a person dies, there is always at least a split second, where you know you're about to die. Since a person knows they are about to
die their brain will set up a defense mechanism, or a preparation
technique. The most obvious thing a person could think about or
begin to think about is, "what happens now". Whatever you think will
happen, what you truly think will happen, will. Let's say you're a
Christian and you believe you have lived a good life, you have been
a genuinely good person and believe you will be saved and go to
heaven. Well nobody knows what heaven would be like, but you have
an idea. Whatever you think heaven is, it is. In that split second where
you're about to die, you enter a state of mind, and you go to your
version, or your idea of heaven. That is just an example, but you get
the idea.

45yrs • M •
wonder wanderer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Missing pieces;
lest we forget ourselves!
before we remember us, or just remember you
Something about experience whcih is usually if not always faith based and can never be remebred by anything by anyone else.
Something about experience being the only truth or ultimate lie.
Martyrdom is not just remebered but may well yet be giving up memory as well. I feel you are missing something but can quite but put my thought on it.

"pleased to meet,"
 32yrs • M •
anatayGrande is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
as for me... i think that death is the end of everything... i believe that all we have is our "physical" self and this "physical" self rots until it expires. that expiration date is what we call death...

that is my theory... but i also agree on what Scottx said ("When a person dies, there is always at least a split second, where you know you're about to die. Since a person knows they are about to
die their brain will set up a defense mechanism, or a preparation
technique." ) .

that defence mechanism is commonly called "dreams". i know that you have experience very realistic dreams where you can smell, feel, and see as though your still awake, in my case i don't really see that clearly in my dreams and i used to distinguish dreams from reality but now i can't... its like my brain is praparing for something big....

"boredom is worse than death"
Theories on Death - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy