Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

sex age - Page 2

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just to add to this, me and my son talked about this. He was glad to here that I approved of sex ed, but I had to also add that with sex there is an emotional factor that we are not teaching our children, should they not be prepared, believing as hollywood portrays it "slam bam thank you mam" It's not like that, there are often confusing hurt feelings, something that does require further study and the children should be made aware of - but we have to get past this other thing first.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 30yrs • F •
baileypug is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont even know what sex is!

"?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okcitykid - That's unfair. Hollywood makes LOADS of chick flicks where mushy mushy emotional stuff take precedence over the sex.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you can get thoughs kids to watch Life Time, we could solve this problem.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't know about the other states but in west virginia 16 is called the age of conscent which means u cam be 80 n screw a 16 yr old and as long as he or she says its ok then the rents can't do jack but if ur 18 n u have sex with a 15 yr old u could possibly go to jail for stat rape
sex education is a definate must and i think that it should be a class everyone should have to take and not because its the schools job because its not its the parents but alot of parents don't feel their children need to know about that kind of thing no matter how old their kids are and some where down the line the kids r gonna need to know esp when it comes to stds
but i don't think they need sex ed when they're in fifth grade once they've gotten to middle school then the sex ed needs to start and i think middle school because i know a girl whose was pregnant in the eigth grade and is now raisin a little girl so at 12 or 13 thats gotta be a rough task children should not be having children

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i disagree i think there should be no limit and that anybody can do it but it has to be done with responsibility as we have to protect ourselves against STD's and pregnancy.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deadcitystreets is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was 19 before i was engaged in a sexual relationship which was late by the standards of my peers, very late. matter of fact my friends took my sexual development as something of an insult to their sense of being 'cool'. and so i was regularly berated and humiliated in public for my half arsed attitude when it came to captitalising on sexual advances.

truth be told i felt i wasn't ready for the commitments and pressures a sexual relationship would put on me until i moved myself in with my then, partner.

unfortunately, i have had few good sexual experiences as the majority of my sexual goals were A; humiliating, B; embarassing, C; illegal, or D; totally fucked up.

and so i can conclude that sexual activity should be reserved for consenting adults who are in some kind of consenting and legally recognised relationship (love/marriage/dating), or you too may be subscribing to my own youthful philosophy on sex and sexuality.

'as old dirty said..., i'll fuck it!'

"therapy, or more love to give?"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah I am one of the many people in my year at school who have had sex and yet, i somehow regret doing it at 16. There is no meaning to it.
However, in the UK at least, sex education is focused on a lot from age 13-16. This is an important age in my opinion as this is the age when people are first susceptible to "urges." There should be no legal age for sex as, however old or young you make the legal age, people are going to want to break it.
With regards to age difference I believe that an age gap of 3 years from 13 up is not acceptable, until the minor is 16, as much pressure can be put onto the younger of the couple (or however many are planning to conglomerate).

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 38yrs • M •
ZenFranklin is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i am very happy to be here ,thanks for your sharing,let me learn a lot .

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It all depends. In most cases the age of consent is around 17 in 1st world countries but go to 3rd world countries and it's legal at 12 or 13 years of age.

One interesting case was of an American anthropologist who had sex with a 9 year-old tribes girl from the Amazon and married her. He brought her home to Jersey City, NJ, married her and had a couple of children with her when she was under the age of 12.

I think the age of consent should be raised to 21 and anybody over 60 should be banned from ever having sex again so they can explore spirituality before they die and sex just always gets in teh way of God.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that andrula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes we should and I believe the age should be 18. After high school where the young adult gets to think on their own feet and do not get too influenced from their peers. I think high schools is more about being cool and popular than it is about education. I think after the age of 18, the individual is a bit more mature and can determine what they want instead of what they are being pressured Into. I agree with previous posts, how will this be governed though? Penalties? I am not sure about whether more sex education will be beneficial? As our school had a lot of sex education, but it didn't stop my friends having sex or children at the age of 13! It will be funny to see how things change if fear and rules are I place by the government.

25yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that ravenclaw is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sex ed for girls starts in 4th grade (because, periods, duh).
Then they have it boys and girls together in 7th and 8th, and again when you take health class in high school, and I don't know after that. However it seems that nobody really pays attention to those classes. Maybe if we got a better education system (maybe one that does not involve boring people to death by talking at them) we would be able to teach people not to be stupid enough to listen to their equally-lacking-in-judgement friends. Or maybe we could get them to grow their brains faster.

EOTW: I have a feeling that banning sex for old people because you want them to connect with God (or be spiritual or whatever) would violate the separation of church and state. And possibly violate people's privacy, too.

sex age - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy