Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Your Opinions Please

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
This_Is_It is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Your Opinions Please
Hi everyone. This is my first post ever on this site. woot woot.

Okay. So ive been seeing this guy for about 5 months now. He is really great, i like him a lot. But the thing is, he's 7 years older than me, and hes real experienced and shit. And im not. at all. lol. he knows this and hes been taking it real slow with me which i appreciate. But is this wrong? I know a lot of girls who date older guys but i never thought i would. When other people do it, im just like "okay, shes a slut, its her funeral, w/e" AND the worst part is, my mother wants me to have nothing to do with this guy, she wouldnt even meet him. So im sneaking around behind her back all the time and i hate it!!
I would just like someone to say that what im doing is okay. lol. i guess i just need some positive reinforcement or somthing. but please give your honest opinions.

"\"The eternal silence of these infinate spaces frightens me\" -Blaise Pascal"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How does he feel?

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Age ain't nothin but a number. Your almost 18 anyways...so it's your decision. Take your time. He has waited 5 months now.... if he truely respects you, he will respect your decision on if and'/or when you do "it." If he pressures you, dump his ass. If not....enjoy him, he might be a keeper!!

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm *looks for a 14 year old to date*

....well good luck with that. relationships are hard enough without all the outside forces and pressures. hope it works out.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
This_Is_It is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thanks.

How does *he* feel? When we first met i was 16, and he was all like 'what ever you wanna do, im fine with' talking about just dating in general cause he knows im not like that.
Last night..well..everything he did, as he was doing it he was like "are you okay with this?" So he does respect me and everything and hes never pressured me to do something i wasnt ready for.

And thank you Evilia, i liked your advice.

38yrs • F •
You two seem to share something, obviously age is not a factor for him and that shows quite a bit..but I must warn you if you two haven't shared something intimate like sex, things change after that, quite a bit after that. If you have and he treats you still with such respect, then again I say, you two share something good.

38yrs • F •
Good point, mystic.

http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/consent.htm

List of all ages for each state, seems like the webmaster is homosexual so he makes notes about it. But, nevertheless, ages don't change - although most states look like they've set it at 16.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Seven years older...Hmmmm...That makes him 24...You know, not more than three years ago I was dating much younger than I (and I'm talking as young as 18, and not really by choice) and discovered that, although it was nice in the sense that I was dealing with highly opinionated and passionate women still forming a self-concept, I came to realize that such relationships would probably never work out. Afterall, with people that young there are always powerful influences still at work--parents and peers mostly. I think that it's probably not a good thing to put a young person through that kind of pressure (and pain)...As soon as I was aware of the existence of such pressures (no matter how much my partner insisted that they didn't matter and no matter how much they wanted to continue the relationship) I would be inclined to break it off because many young women will rebel against popular opinion even if it hurts them...I've stopped dating that young by the way...Now seven years doesn't seem like a big difference, but if your parents are against it now then they always will be...I kinda' think this guy should probably step back for your sake...and if he doesn't (even though he is aware of the problem) then he's probably being a bit selfish...And if, at this early stage in your life, being intimate with someone who will probably not be around for a long time bothers you in any way, then you should avoid being intimate with him...And, besides, 24 years may be enough time to call yourself "experienced" but I don't think it's enough time to consider yourself "talented" in the field of intimacy...So don't tell yourself that being intimate with this guy is going to be some overwhelming experience...You might be disappointed...Anyway, good luck on whatever you decide.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 38yrs • F •
That's an interesting insight, wizard.
All cards being put on the table..
Although my experience dating someone who was older than me was actually quite nice, I dated one guy that was my age for two years almost and that ended in a disaster.

I don't date over 6 years over but it's funny the people I've met that are 9 or 10 years older than me and remind me of my own age group..my closest friends are at least 3 years older than me, and I noticed a huge shift in awareness and personality from the teenage years to early twenties. Life hits you pretty hard when you meet it and your parents are nonexistent as a source of financial support.

Maybe that's why it works out, I don't get along with most people my age, my intellect gets dead bored.

36yrs • F •
hmm..you all have me thinking alot now which is good
well...the age of consent is 17 here in NY, so thats not a problem...
another thing..most of his friends are like 20..21..which makes it seem better you know? And as for the him not being around for awhile..he said hes afraid that i would leave him when i go to college next fall. and we have it planned out so i will spend weekends with him. idk, it just seems right i guess..
and when i first told my mom about him, she said wait till sumemr and if i still wanted to see him, she would meet him. But she has no idea ive still been hanging out with him. And..we did.you know have an intimate act haha the other night and i was fine with everything.

Your Opinions Please
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy