The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity - SirKohl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Reality is NOW!!

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reality is NOW!!
we're living in the now....why do so many live to remember the past, or percieve the future...or seek to know so many things, the source of life the intricate details that entail creation.....? Why?....there's no point in it.....every single moment you are alive you're newly created....every millisecond that goes by you're a different person...the past can never be changed...and the future doesn't exist!...why plan for something that's not there....handle it when it's in the moment!.....You can only affect what's in the moment....and every effect you make is a new creation....Creation or evolution never stopped, it's constantly occuring because our reality is like a movie of still images.....we're in a still motion..the perfect movement....we're not going anywhere, the sun doesn't move, the moon doesn't move...the stars and all of what we think is reality doesn't move.......God is forever creating each slide show for us....No time...Timeless!!..God.. We're in God...and unless you realize God is in you then you don't realize your reality!........Now is the only time there is, yesterday is when man was created....and tomorrow is today! every day you wak up it's today....Tuesday doesn't exist 2 days from now, tuesday is now, sunday is now... naming intervals of what we THINK is time is pointless, because there is only now.......Being is all we can be until we reach back to where we came from......REALITY!!!....We're earth...dust....connected at the feet, we make the sea level what it is!...our sight is the plane where we walk......that's YOUR REALITY........NOW!!!.

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are right, you are absolutly right - but until recently I have not been able to do that. I believe it is a chemicle imbalance in the brain that I have inherited from my mohter who always worried about everything. I used to interpret it as love until after her second heart attack. Her docter gave her a large sample of anti depresents (knowing she could not offerd it). She changed, she would laugh and make jokes. I realized I was a lot the same. I think because I have realized this I have been able to stop myself whenever I fall into this worry. And ofcourse what also helps is to think of all the good things you could be thankful for and thank God for them, that helps.

As you get older and the world changes around you, it is almost impossible not to look in the past and compair it with today. I have learned however not to get caught in that loul of thinking that this world is getting worse or better. As many times as I have tried, I could never figure that out. I have decided that the world just changes. For every evil we fix a new evil appears to be fixed, and the world continues on in a constant flux of change.

Live for Today always if you can remember to. Otherwise you might miss that rainbow or lesson plan that will carry you into tomorrow.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
"I believe it is a chemicle imbalance in the brain that I have inherited from my mohter who always worried about everything"...

Sad to say there's no chemical inbalances...there's no geneoligical explanation for illusion..... your mother can't pass on to you anything that you own...she's just a carrier of your dead carcas......your body cannot live!...it's non existent without the breath...the oxygenated water in the womb!... breath! Every perception of life you create is yours!... from birth your actions and personality is formed by those that impose their reality on you....growing up you tend to accept that reality as your own, yet it's not...it's a collection of other peoples realities.... Your reality is what nobody else can do for you and nobody else can touch or change.....

And yes I agree with the fact that it's hard to not look at the past...and there's nothing wrong with it...as long as you realize that you can't change it and you're totally nonchalant about it's entailings.....The past is gone....the future is at a standstill waiting to be formed...... Life's too easy that's why it's so complicated....and People like our leaders who THINK that they're something special are making it hard for others to realize their own reality.....it should help, but all their focus is on living through this fearful world.......*sigh*.....Man did a terrible thing when he ate of his own fruit...the tree of Knowledge (of good and evil)..... what a sad time it has been!

"Being is not knowing!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reality is NOW!!

Reality is all things, past present and future.

Different people focus on different things so we may know collectively what one brain and or soul cannot know on its own after living one path as opposed to others.

Lest we would all be exactly the same and forced to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
^^what's a mistake??...discontent with an action right?... discontent doesn't live in the now, it lives in the past..... so what's your argument for the realization of present existence?

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only thing that matters are the experiences you receive. That is, the experiences of the now. Experiences of the future probably deserve special mention as they *will* be important.

Past experiences only exist in our memory. Our memory is the now, hence past experiences are only known through the now.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"discontent doesn't live in the now, it lives in the past."

Firstly, a mistake is not just discontentment with an action, its also what has become as a result, which affects both the now and the future, the past affects the future and the now, don't be naive.

As for discontentment, that is an emotion that is in the now, again affected by the past, the mistake is technically gone but its results remain, if it results in death destruction or mayhem, you might not want to do it again, and so would need to remember it.

So past experiences don't just exist in our memory, they can have physical results which live on.

Reality is all inclusive.

The now is shaped by past present and future, what you did yesterday affects today, what you want to do or expect to happen tomorrow will influence your decisions today as well.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
^^what you did yesterday is what you did in the now!... and your now is only affected when you start looking at your past... Your memories!.... Memories and past events don't shape your present, you shape your present through your own mental capacities....Memories are just illusions of images, you can never have a complete memory, just a suggestion, therefore the whole concept is false!... and the image that you create is in the NOW....the now is the only time where you can exist, and it's the only time where you can shape anything.....the future does not exist, because it conforms to your now!.....the future is not predetermined, it's a blank canvas that just gets painted on as each constant of many moments are processed.........there is no Past...Future.. but only the NOW.....the past can't come back and haunt you... You haunt yourself, the future won't spell your destination....YOU spell out where you're destined.....Now is all there is, nothing else....

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a part of your vconcious is always living in the past.. or else how would you know what your looking at??? and perhaps now is the only thing there evar was....

since youve addresed that side i will adress the side that ok you can live now or you can live to get a better noww by planning and or realxing in your acomplishments... fun to plan for a better now i guess.. suffer to get beniftis.. and since everyoen does it you have to compete almost have a good plan for your future its alwasy like that... i ga

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Sad to say there's no chemical inbalances...there's no geneoligical explanation for illusion.....

You're living in an illusion - Lots of people suffer from a chemicle imbalance, and it is inherited. Now you are going from religion to science. Science is facts and figures. Religion is opinions and beliefs based on faith. Though they do at times conflict, and when that happens. Shut your mouth before you incert your foot and go to the library and study. All the great people studied, even Jesus.

38yrs • M •
^^oh really...lol..........nah i'm not I wish I was then I'd be living a picnic of a damn life....haha.....Chemical inbalances are a result of scientific explanations to determine alterations is a persons mood, attitude, etc......When you realize that your body is just DUST then Chemical inbalances mean shit to you.....All your education, all your knowledge is just an Illusion! Humans are piles of dust that are given life by the creator.....when you die you return to what you were made from!....do chemical inbalances still matter once you realize that you're nothing?....The fact that you THINK you know or THINK you understand shows how much you're falling into this greater illusionary state......

GOD CREATED CREATURES, THAT THINK THEY THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!....

I'll say it again and again....because it's totally ridiculous... we live this life because we think it's ours, and because we think that we own this life of ours, the choices and occurences which fly by are thought to be "yours"...the stress of the 'Self'. Mankind therefore seeks to find God and realizes that they're not of their own self.....yet they keep daily rituals which keep them in the same mind frame....MY this...MY that; YOUR this...YOUR that!....Reality of your true nature only kicks in after you realize that you're literally nothing at all... and what you think you have mediocre control over, you have none at all.....only when you realize that all power is gone you can gain any at all..........Illusions run deeper than you think....

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everyone's chemically imbalanced.

Whatever that means.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
Well Hey - Its good to laugh, mixes up them chemicles, gets them back in balance.

Well - I guess I'll go to my routine - the one I think is mine

Reality is NOW!!
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy