I bow down to God Who I've never seen just like peace that I fight for which no one believes in. - Fatima Shahzad
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GETTING MARRIED AT AGE 13?!?

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How young is too young? I was thinking about how my wedding would be like, and I don't want to have to run off just because I'm too young, not that I want to get married right now. But say if I did, am I too young? I just wanted to know what you think!

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
[  Edited by WanderingNobody at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its not exactly a question of how old you are. it is more a question of how well you really know the other person. and in order to know the other person well enough, you have to know yourself well enough first. you must know their limits as well as your limits. you must know their abilities as well as your abilities. you must know each of your full capacities in relation to just about every situation you could encounter. even knowing all that, you still run in to situations you never thought you could possibly see yourself in.

but, i think i take marriage a lot more seriously than most.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya know what, I agree with you. Many people today end up in divorce, no metter how long they've been together. It's worse if they have kids, because it doesn't exactly create the best household environment for them. I don't think that theres such thing as a perfect relationship, but nonetheless, I think that marriage is supposed to be forever, like how God intended it to be.

61yrs • F •
Cazzie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Marriage is what you make it..

If you seriously want it to work, and ur 100% commited, it will work.

Trust is everything in a marriage - once thats gone, forget it.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was wondering, WHY DID YOU PUT AT AGE 13????

It really freaked me out, not just because of 13 as itself, but because I was imagining myself MARRIED, MARRIED!!!! M-A-R-R-I-E-D!!!!

Well don't take my opinion about marriage too seriously 'cause all my life when I think about it I've said that I don't want to get married, it is too much for me, too much compromise, time, effort, etc.... M-A-R-R-I-E-D-!-!-! MMMMMEEEEEEEE

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 35yrs • F •
I don't know, it was the age that just popped into my head at the time. It also reminds me of my summer, how this guy said he wanted to marry me and start a family ect., and I was like thinking..."doesn't he realize I'm only 16?" Which he did, so I was kind of freaked out by that. Plus he was much older then me. It isn't like I care about age, it doesn't bother me, but right now?!?! I mean, someday I do want to get married, but not any time soon.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life is made or is divided into different phases, I think that if you marry too young you're missing a phase or a step in your life and that is to mature in relationships with a partner, and I'm not talking only about sex life, but I think that that is very important too because even if you've had sex, you have to mature that too, but I'm talking about a maturing as a social human being who's growing up process is still developing, I don't see that you're in the aim of marrying but if you're stil thinking about it, please don't, it is not the time...
ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF YOUTH!!!!

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 40yrs • F •
damnskippy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have always said i would never marry, I would grow up and be a crotchety old lady with a lot of cats...

I have two cats now, and one amazing fiancee, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

I think that it totaly depends on the individual, and their situation. For me, this is right.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
 35yrs • F •
Hey Bob, I know what you mean. I have no interest of getting married anytime soon, like I said. I agree with you about the whole phase in life, and right now is the time to do w/e and just mess around and figure yourself out--have fun. But for sure I don't want to die all alone with 20 cats (I'm allergic anyways) and lead a sad and lonely life, I want someone to share it with, but not right now. Not that theres anything wrong with not marrying, I used to think about that option too, it's just that I personally don't think I could handle it.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I got married at age 20, and I'm still married, and still happy. A lot of people think that 20 is young to marry, but when you have kids as young as 13 having babies, then I don't really think 20 is too young for marriage.

We both work hard at it, and it's not always a bed of roses, but the basic thing is that we love and trust each other, and that we both want it to work. I agree with the earlier post about trust... without trust, you have nothing. I feel very strongly about that.

I met my now husband just before I turned 19, but I don't feel like it was too young. I wasn't out looking for a serious relationship. These things just land on you I suppose. It just felt right to get engaged and get married. When you find the one you want to be with, then you do your best to hang onto what you've got. It sounds like such a cliche - but it's true.

What I find ironic is that I know a lot of couples who are totally freaked out about marriage, yet they enter into a mortgage together. Nowadays it's easier to get out of a marriage than it is to get out of a mortgage. You don't have to sell your house to get divorced!

Oh, and btw.. I rent!

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I guess if you feel you've grown enough as an individual in such a short amount of time (13 years) and feel it's time to let someone else become a part of your strong, independent personality then, sure, 13 isn't too young. Honestly, I don't think any 13-year old is ready to get married, and very few 16-year olds (if any). There's alot of personal growth that should continue into adulthood, and serious romantic relationships always, and I repeat, ALWAYS thwarts that by removing that sense of individuality so necessary for inner strength.. I want my daughter to grow to be a strong and independent woman. I'd never let her get married before 18 and I would strongly dicourage her from getting married before 30. Just my position.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 48yrs • F •
gina is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
finish school and get a life

"WHY"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't think it matters how old you are i think its more of how well you can take care of urself and who your goin to marry if you ready for that type of commitment and pretty much its all about responsibility love care devotion so on but you get the point except of ur under 18 ur parents have to fill out paper work allowin you to get married here in west virginia i don't know how that works in the other staes or ne where else tho but in a case like that not only doesn't it have to do with all of the above and then you have to add on whether or not mom and /or dad think your ready

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 42yrs • F •
Maura is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If you are mentally prepared for marriage, I don't think age is a big deal... and it varies one person may be ready at 16 and another may not be ready at 30... But I also believe if you are truley in love there is no hurry to get married when your really young...

"You're like a child you don't see the knives people hide"
 35yrs • F •
Yeh, just to remind people, no, I'm no getting married or even considering it at all right now. I only have one yr of school left and yes, I do have a life. But it's nice to get some comments about it. I wouldn't let my daughter (if I have one) get married so early. It's mostly about the financial troubles though. Marriage is expensive. Some people marry not because they romantically love the person, but that they have this deep connection that only they can understand and that they couldn't stand to be apart, so they get married. It's hard to explain. It's like they love each other intensely that it surpasses romantic love.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy