Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Who Gets the Flat Earth Award

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

Remember when scientists were attacked for believing that the earth was round? That same denial of scientific fact is now plaguing the world's understanding of global warming.

The Flat Earth Award was created as a humorous effort to highlight the denial of global warming by prominent public figures. Despite an overwhelming scientific consensus that human-induced carbon dioxide emissions are altering the global climate, some deniers remain. They are trying to convince the public and our government that a massive peer-reviewed international research project conducted by thousands of scientific researchers is bogus!

http://www.flatearthaward.org/?q=

Actually I'd vote for Mr Inhofe, but he doesn't appear to be on the list.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Remember when you posted this:

"Climate researchers are warning that efforts to reduce air pollution could, if not well designed, make global warming worse. Limiting emissions of man-made nitrogen oxides, a strategy to control ozone in the lower atmosphere, would result in increased methane abundance and lead to additional greenhouse warming, they say."

Now this suggests that the scientific community has no idea whether they can reverse the so-called green house effect. Yet, many demand acceptance of the Kyoto Protocol.

In my other posts I have given numerous evidence from climate scientists that show conflicting evidence regarding whether global warming is even occurring.

Now you are claiming that it is a fact, kinda like the scientists that claimed the earth was the center of the solar system.

Senator Inhofe is one brave soul to stand up to you guys, kinda like Galileo without the repentance. lol

53yrs • M •
Yes I did not mean to claim that it was original to him but that he had posted this. Forgive me for not being clearer.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Now this suggests that the scientific community has no idea whether they can reverse the so-called green house effect. Yet, many demand acceptance of the Kyoto Protocol.

Just because we may not be able to put the fire out does not mean we have to continue feeding it and cause it become even yet more uncontrollable.

So is it your stand that the National Science Foundation is incorrect in its findings?

53yrs • M •
You just showed evidence that trying to 'put out that fire' will actually worsen it. Now you are saying you want to try anyways? lol

"So is it your stand that the National Science Foundation is incorrect in its findings?"

Depends on which specific findings you are talking about!

64yrs • M •
*dumbing it down*

quote:
Climate researchers are warning that efforts to reduce air pollution could, if not well designed, make global warming worse. Limiting emissions of man-made nitrogen oxides, a strategy to control ozone in the lower atmosphere, would result in increased methane abundance and lead to additional greenhouse warming, they say.

http://www.nsf.gov/od/lpa/news/press/01/pr0132.htm

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy