It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The ultimate and first beginning

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
Flaunt1985 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is a beginnig and an end to everything? there is a beginning to our lives as is an end but what about the universe? Some say GOD created the universe, I somewhat agree but what was GOD created from? If he is infiinite how is this so? Didn't there have to be a beginning? What was the first beginning and what did it look like before that? GOD only knows,....... or does he?

53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"There is a beginnig and an end to everything?"

No there is only a beginning to all effects - to all things caused - to all things temporal.

"what was GOD created from?"

God was not created. God is.

"If he is infiinite how is this so?"

Time is only another manifestation of God's creation. God created time - God is not bound by time. God is eternal.

You ask good questions. There is one thing that philosphers absolutely know: that all temporal effects must ultimately have an eternal cause. Otherwise you have a violation of the law of infinite regress (something temporal created somthing temporal created somthing temporal ad infinitum). Since nature is temporal then ultimately it must have an eternal cause. Furthermore, since nature is finite it must have an infinite cause for the same reasons. The fact that nature is both temporal and finite reveals the greatests scientific proofs that God exists.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow, I totally agree. I just wanted to add that even if God explained to us how He can he the Alpha and the Omega, we wouldn't be able to understand it because our brains just doesn't hold that much capacity of understanding, and it isn't necessary for our salvation...only if you believe.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lmao......yo Xris....you're right, i must agree...but why all the run around when you know those facts??....

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
Im glad you agree 730 but how have I been running around?

38yrs • M •
with all the other extensions to the Way God is...when you said that God JUST IS....

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK so WHAT WAS THE BEGGINIGN (FIRST ) EFFECT?? thats what the person who made this thread (i cant see as im typing who it is) point he was trying to make! what was the forst effect then?

or wasnt there a first? is that possible..? im one of those no matter or energy can absolutly dissaopperar just change form people... but if you say god was always here but there is a beggingn to an effect what was first ngging? to effect? and do you call god efeverything nateure (just labeling it god and perhaps hoping for a mysterious (in an aattractive manner) to give you some kind of bennift of domesort?,,

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 38yrs • M •
^^God is nature...God is space...God is the unimaginable nothingness....Therefore God IS...no matter what!...the first effect will never be fully known by humans...because the first effect was spiritual....the nothingness that always existed still exists today....when a thought escapes its own reality it becomes physical....so whatever was in the spiritual realm that escaped its reality...became physical.....however many beginnings you can get from spiritual to physical is infinite.......choose what suits you....

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
^^I'm not eluding his question in any case.....God is the invisiblity of NOTHING!.....When nothing is there God is there... I take that you believe that there are a few dimensions right?.. I say that there's only two!...the spritual world, where all things are immortal....anything created lives forever....and Nothingness is tangible......Then there's the physical dimension....the world we live in, the result of pride, Knowledge, and Time!.....To be Timeless you die...become Nothing...and when you're nothing you live forever in the understanding of God!......

I'll use the same example over and over again....Your thoughts are invisible...spiritual...They just are what they are... if you change a thought, it's still a thought.....But only when you take it out of its reality..(in your head) does it become physical through writing.....So is God.....God just is and only becomes physical through us!.....There's no beginning for God...just our beginning!....and that was when Man was created through whatever means there is...I don't know exactly, but Evolution, and creations story (the symbolic aspect) kinda go hand in hand......The beginning of God is irrelevant.....the beginning of Man is determined by YOUR understanding....

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if god is unamaginable then how can you know/imagine that? if you say the first effect will never be klnoown by humans, how can you know its spirual?

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 38yrs • M •
^^^Is knowing imagining??......If you know that gravity pushes you down..do you imagine that it's pushing you down??... You know it's pushing you down, the only imagining you do is what the force is!......So therefore, I don't understand but I know!......and knowing is understanding without question!..

What's spirituality?....invisiblity, the realm of the unknown right?.....That's where every innovation starts....Ideas, the invisible substance that's projected through the head....the untraceable point of thought...It comes from the realm of the unknown.........The unknown or spiritual realm is the only place that physical things can come from....for the light bulb to have been made it had to be an Idea first....for the car to have been invented, it had to be an Idea first.....So we know that everything that man makes had to be an idea first..... Thought.....the substances of the unknown realm...spiritual realm......So if everything created from man comes from that realm, don't you think that man came from that realm??.... That spiritual realm is the make up of God....therefore that's the beginning of the universe...God.....that's the end of the universe...God.....the unknown....the nothing......the spiritual realm.....that's where we came from, and when we get there we'll understand mans beginning....and when we get there, that's when man has come to an end because to enter the spiritual realm you have to rid yourself of a body.....Die!

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
God is not nature, nor space nor the imaginable nothing. God is the creator of nature, the creator of space. And God clearly is not the personification of some imaginable nothing since everything owes its existence to God. I think you mean to say imaginable something.

"OK so WHAT WAS THE BEGGINIGN (FIRST ) EFFECT?? thats what the person who made this thread (i cant see as im typing who it is) point he was trying to make! what was the forst effect then?"

For our nature it was when God said let there be light. That doesn't mean that our nature was the first effect though, there may be millions of previously created natures and thus previously created effects. We do know, if you believe in the Angelic realm, that there was at least one previously created nature.

"I speculate that God was just like us at some point in the past, but evolved and evolved and evolved, and became timeless because he became capable of knowing the future. Once you know the future, you're no longer victimized by time."

Then who created your god when he was just like us living in time and evolving? The problem with such a philosophy is that it ultimately violates the law of infinite regress. It proposes that there is always something creating something but never explains how the first thing was created. Its the same problem that scientists face with the big bang theory.

38yrs • M •
"God is not nature, nor space nor the imaginable nothing. God is the creator of nature, the creator of space. And God clearly is not the personification of some imaginable nothing since everything owes its existence to God. I think you mean to say imaginable something. "

The creator if nature is this unimaginable nothing.... hahahaha.. God is so amazing and so wonderful, my creator created creatures that think THEY THINK for themselves.... lol. everything we know as reality is on a canvas...we're merely paintings...Dust that's held together and walks and lives in a still motion. The invisible Air around us and In us is God.. The invisible nothing!.... and there is no such thing as gravity...You leave the earth, something that you're a part of (jump)...leaving your earthly reality....and when you land you come back to that reality!......Every existence is Gods unique style of creative wonders....all this materialism is for our enjoyment but not for our owning....we don't own it.... God is as Tangible as a solid, yet invisible and unknowing, by our borrowed minds......To imagine a "Something"...it has to have boundaries....God has no boundaries....we in our 1 dimension reality...don't realize that the second dimension is less than a breath away...and there's only 2...not 3rd, 4th and 5th dimensions....it's either you're physical or you're not!....God is the only being who is both!.........understand that the somethings which you see and percieve is only a section of the massive power and reality of God......God is also the nothing!....understand???

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
To argue that you hold the philosophy that all reality is nothing more than an illusion is self-defeating. Ultimately you are acknowledging that your own argument is an illusion which makes it contradictory and unsubstantial.

"To imagine a "Something"...it has to have boundaries....God has no boundaries"

That does not mean that one then should imagine God as nothing then...LMAO Yes man can not properly imagine that Something but that does not negate the fact that God is the ultimate THING.

38yrs • M •
^^If God is not the ultimate thing....then who is?... Man?... humans are on a canvas that's forever being painted by God, through experience and life......God is all that controls us, all that holds this dust of man together....all that keeps our bodies from returning to what it was made from.....God IS the ultimate thing....there's nothing else...and no this argument doesn't matter...that doesn't make it a contradiction....it makes it an irrelevant occurence....... cuz this really makes no point.. we're just throwing useless words around and nobody is shifting from their point of view....I see where you're comming from tho....that's to think logically about the whole situation of life and the universe....but there's another understanding of just realization that everything is just the way it is...and we have no control over it, because we're merely unknowing dead piles of dust...that has God's life flowing through us!...

"Being is not knowing!"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy