Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

They Grow Up Fast No Matter What

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
DURANGO, Colo. (Reuters) - A Colorado judge ordered two teen-age girls to pay about $900 for the distress a neighbor said they caused by giving her home-made cookies adorned with paper hearts.

The pair were ordered to pay $871.70 plus $39 in court costs after neighbor Wanita Renea Young, 49, filed a lawsuit complaining that the unsolicited cookies, left at her house after the girls knocked on her door, had triggered an anxiety attack that sent her to the hospital the next day.

Taylor Ostergaard, then 17, and Lindsey Jo Zellitte, 18, paid the judgment on Thursday after a small claims court ruling by La Plata County Court Judge Doug Walker, a court clerk said on Friday.

The girls baked cookies as a surprise for several of their rural Colorado neighbors on July 31 and dropped off small batches on their porches, accompanied by red or pink paper hearts and the message: "Have a great night."

The Denver Post newspaper reported on Friday that the girls had decided to stay home and bake the cookies rather than go to a dance where there might be cursing and drinking.

It reported that six neighbors wrote letters entered as evidence in the case thanking the girls for the cookies.

But Young said she was frightened because the two had knocked on her door at about 10:30 p.m. and run off after leaving the cookies.

She went to a hospital emergency room the next day, fearing that she had suffered a heart attack, court records said.

The judge awarded Young her medical costs, but did not award punitive damages. He said he did not think the girls had acted maliciously but that 10:30 was fairly late at night for them to be out

This isn't usually my cup of tea. I was going to post it on my blog, but it just doesn't fit into my political agenda. So I though, I know some people who would be interested in this.

My take: As soon as I locate the plans, I'm going to build me a rocket ship and blast myself out of here and find another planet to live on, anyone want to join me?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That whole Idea makes me ill - I'm going to sue! My heart! I think it stopped!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im ashamed to live in the same state.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I bet she ate the cookies anyway

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A comment from a friend at work - she was probably hoping to get a big settlement.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Holy crap! I thought the law in this country was an ass. That takes the biscuit.. (literally)

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How sad.

If someone baked me cookies, I would appreciate it!

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you don't mind snoring, save me a seat okcitykid!!!!

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what a i wont say cuz i have to learn not to use bad words in my sentences cuz my fiance doesn't like it i'd bake her more cookies n leave em on her steps at like 11:30 and then again at 12:30 til about six in the morning just to get back ...my spanish teacher always said kill em with kindness ....didn't know u could actually do it

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Courts should have thrown out the case. How frivolous can one get? Too many people just look for a way to win the 'Legal Lottery'. If she had a problem, she should have taken it up with the girl's mother. Their parents may have agreed to pay the medical costs without going to court.

A person who bring such a frivolous case to court, and looses, should have to pay for court costs, including the judge's salary, and face time for contempt of court. I bet you will see a drastic reduction in such nonsense. A person was suing a good friend of mine for bodily harm incurred while on his property. The guy was trespassing in the first place, had a burglary record, and it was ultimately proven he was not injured at all. He got up and walked out of the courtroom, carrying his crutches in his hand. Because it was an insurance case, guess who got the bill for the courts.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Disgusting she probably faked the whole thing.

"He who does not question is lost."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy