Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. - Susan Ertz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Pessimist or Optimist?

User Thread
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pessimist or Optimist?
Which would you say you tend to inhabit?

I might portray an optimistic view but I think deep inside I'm more pessimist.

Example: A co-worker and I had to go to a meeting. We were both nervous and I kept saying to her "Don't worry. It'll be fine!" In my head I was thinking "Oh crap! This is going to be horrible."

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At list you show yourself as an optimistic, I think that helps a lot 'cause people feel sure with you and it brings optimistic people too.

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am a pessimist...... Not only it the glass two-thirds empty but it evaporating quickly.........
Pessimists are not dissapointed easily and that is important in life.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
outwardly i am a pessimist, but internally i am very optimistic in general.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Generally optimistic (even if it means having foolish hopes). But I have my pessimistic moments...

Coming to this site made me more optimist, believe it or not.

But heck, maybe I'm just young and foolish...I notice that when things are turning out the way I wanted, I shrug and say, "So what?" Example: waiting for the bus for thirty minutes. It may or may not come. Means I may need to walk home in the snow storm. 40 minute walk. When the dark beast of pessimism comes to devour my soul, I shrug and say, "So what?" Other variations include "Big deal," "And...?" I call this making the best out of every dismal situation.

I'd hate to imagine myself 50 years from now as a pessimistic old hag who hides in the dark and eats children...wait, that's the witch from Hansel and Gretel...my my, this cold is getting to me...

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We go in cycles throughout life,
if I laugh tonight I feel optimistic,
and if I wake tomorrow in sorrow I am a weary idealist.

One of the most interesting things I've ever heard went something like,
There are cynics and there are leaders - the difference being, the cynics criticize and the leaders, criticize and decide to act upon what they want to change.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"dissapointed optimist" ... yea i like that. my outward pessimism is basically a demonstration of my dissapointment.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is what I find things for me to be: I gain one, I get screwed over 3 times worse.
I try not to be a pessimist, but pure optimism makes me sad.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, I'm a devout pessimist, but as time permits, I become a pretty optimistic person. It's just on what the enviornment is and what my chances are...

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 34yrs • F •
maskara_tears is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
myself...i wouldnt say ima sadistic but i really enjoy sadistic issues so yeah figure urself out

"Sluttyness being defined as the depiction that a male or female is sexually active and sleeps with mutiple partners and has little moral issue with the exploitation of sexual pleasure."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I'm a realist, which tends to be viewed as pessimism"

I would agree with the above statement. Although, I guess it's only viewed as pessimism by optimists.

It rather depends on what your "reality" is. I am realistic enough to know that I am a working-class person, with limited means, and therefore am not likely to be out buying a Ferrari tomorrow. This is not pessimism. It's merely a true forecast for tomorrow. If I were well-off financially, and foresaw myself buying a Ferrari tomorrow, would that be optimism, or merely the reality of being able to afford such a thing. Hence, I find Realism to be right in the middle between Optimism and Pessimism.

Either that or I talk total bollocks, which is probably more likely.

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that White_Bishop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would consider myself a somewhat pessimistic person trying to incorporate more optimism in my life. I am working on not making snap pessimisms about things, and trying to annalyze things. The more I do this the more I find optimism within myself.

"Words are but the pathways for thought to travel from mind to mind"
Pessimist or Optimist?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy