The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity - SirKohl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Adam...? - Page 2

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You don't have to apologize.

I'm not sure what I believe completly yet, just have some ideas, and one of these days I need to sit down and study a bunch of stuff.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Incidentally there are Creation Myths/Stories in just about every ancient culture worldwide, along with deluge myths. Is this evidence of Creation? I do not believe so; I look at it as merely a primitive people's way to explain their existence.
As for hair being 'created' on us for decoration, I would argue that point, or do you find back and ear hair attractive? It is a remnant of the protective cover we once had, which has given away to clothing. The appendix, or so I have read, was once used to store excess water, a comparable organ which can be found in animals today. My opinions and believes by the way, your may differ.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God didn't create human evolution.

ah to the contrary, if GOD created all things of our existence, that would include the laws of physics & chemistry, which would include evolution.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No doubt that certain things have evolved microscopically, but when I mean evolution, I'm referring to macro evolution and humans, which in that case, it means that there was no God and it all started with the Big Bang.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many ppl in the west up until a few hundred years ago believed that the earth was only 4000 years old and that all life forms that exist today were created fully developed, then scientist discovered geological and paleontological evidence that showed the planet and the life it nurtures evolved over millions of years. Although the concept of EVOLUTION seemed unthinkable to westerners prior to darwins theories, it has existed in many ancient philosophies.
I have studied the VEDAS (the ancient scriptures of Hinduism/vedic civilsation and found that concepts such as evolution have been elaboratly disscussed. Many ignorant people still disscredit ancient soceity, we should realise that our ancestors were not stupid, and just because we have made several advances in technology and science we should not forget that it is from them then that we obtained the many fields of knowledge that made our modern civilisation possible. Even many modern technlogy suposedly invnted or develpoed over the last few hundred years such as STEAM POWER and ELECTRICITY were well known to the ancients, but sadly they didnt develope these further as theirs was a world were slaves were plentifull and human labour was plentiful.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God didnt create man or any other life forms fully debveloped. He created the basic materials and started the process of evolution from which new life forms developed, and then steered the process as he saw fit.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 57yrs • M •
whisper tree is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the stories are the oldest we know they pre-date written history and were orally handed down until the written word . seems strange they were written in the third perspective. the beginning states, god created us in his image of his likeness.he created us from the earth and breathed into us life. calling his creation the addam. not nessesarally an individual name as a thing. a being. sounds like a science experiment. it wasn't till the tree of knowing did adam realize his potential. as a indvidual.and his ability to care for another being which was eve.

"wisdom knows nature"
 72yrs • M •
Yes the NT states that Joseph & Mary went into the east which many think that Jesus may have had access to eastern teachings.
The OT starts with description of creation on our world, but I have heard that it also contains a version of an earlier (alternate) existence.
In which celestral beings (spirits) came inhabited human form.
quote:
God didnt create man or any other life forms fully developed.
Considerations of the missing links between manbeast (premodern man) & modern man is thier infusion altered man's DNA. Preflood man may have given rise to the ruling class as being divine origin (gods) would be more fact than fiction?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 57yrs • M •
whisper tree is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
some of the strangest stories speak of men living hundreds of years if that was so how is this explained by todays standards, one theory is the assocation of man's closer link to a more pure genetic source. as we continue to multiply are genes lose more of that essence.leaving us the earths everlasting pull gravity, the stories of celestial beings visiting earth thousands of years ago.sounds unbelievable but here we are and with no diect link to pre-man we are the ultimate experiment. the gods do great work.

"wisdom knows nature"
 72yrs • M •
Actually I like to contrast Jeudo-Christian theology with Native American.
According to Jewish Tradition, spirits were fallen angels, thrown out of GOD's presence but in NA. Traditions, they were lead into this world. They had come into this plane (matrix) out of compassion for those banished.
quote:
one theory is the assocation of man's closer link to a more pure genetic source. as we continue to multiply are genes lose more of that essence
Hmm . . I heard just the opposite? That the inbreeding of Royal lineage produced recessive genes?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 36yrs • M •
dying_pride is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i truly agree with u wanderingnobody god is the beginning and the end just think about it logically how can man evolve and even if we imagined that man evolved from another type of species as u guys assume who EVEN CREATED THE OTHER SPECIES ????????????????????

"**it is not enough to conquer one must learn to seduce**"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Actually I like to contrast Jeudo-Christian theology with Native American.
According to Jewish Tradition, spirits were fallen angels, thrown out of GOD's presence but in NA. Traditions, they were lead into this world. They had come into this plane (matrix) out of compassion for those banished.

I have pondered about this fallen angel thing myself. Could we be the fallen angels the bible speaks of?

Surely, not literly, but something like that provides more of an explination of "us" than evolution does. Our bodies may have evolved from apes, or ape like like creatures, but our inteligence didn't come from anything on this earth.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"that provides more of an explination of "us" than evolution does."

More of an explanation, or a more preferrable one?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
Leftwood - I might be wrong, I believe I'm a man of common sense. Evolution just doesn't make sense when you try to explain how "we" were created.

This is why: We have gone to the moon, we've created bombs that can destroy the earth. That's just the big stuff.

There is no other animal on this earth that I know of who knows how to make fire.

Leftwood - there is no explination for this. We haven't been here the longest, we do not have the largest brain and our language is not the most intricate. I'm not completly sure, but I believe the whale beats us on all three of these, and possibly the elephant too.

I might believe that evolution explains us if we were not so far advanced above the rest of the animal kingdom.

It does not make sense. I prefer to make sense.

Here is a strange one that I have always wondered about. We are the only animal who wears clothes in public.

Are we also the only animal who has religion?

So many questions, I could go on and on. Evolution is an idea that covers only a small portion of the whole truth. We are far away from even catching site of it.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How many animals express conceptual thinking and have opposable thumbs?

I'm fine with the notion that reality doesn't make much sense, but I always find it interesting when people make the same observation then end up following a certain belief system, be it religion, historical accounts, or other schools of knowledge, often with contemptuous conviction.

I never tried to claim evolution made sense of our origin, I just didn't see how a proposition of fallen angel's or something of that nature made more sense.

"We are the only animal who wears clothes in public."

As we are one of the only animals not naturally protected from the elements, which isn't exactly something to brag about.

"Are we also the only animal who has religion?"

How many animals have you asked if they have a religion? And who is to say animals don't appreciate life and thank the stars for it? They're probably so pure of spirit that they don't need to gather and tell eachother stories to feel better about lying to eachother.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Adam...? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy