The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path ot Salvation is hard. - Katha-Upanishad
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Politics Of Religion

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Politics Of Religion
Just Imagine

What kind of world would we live in if Adam said, "I'm sorry Lord, I have taken of the forbidden fruit of knowledge and have learned shame."

What kind of world would we live in if Eve said, "I'm sorry Lord, Adam asked me to partake of the fruit, I should have said no, but I wanted to be like him and now am ashamed."

Just Imagine:

What kind of world we could be living in if Mr. Bush just said, "I'm sorry, I thought there were weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq was a threat to national security."

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Imagine world leaders and white-collar criminals apologizing and feeling regret. How does that work? That would mean that people with morals have been occupying positions of the elite. That would mean that wealth and power wouldn't make someone arrogant. It's possible. But few who are rich and influential are people with many morals.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
The true intent of this post - and you'll see it splattered everywhere - was to take religion that I know and understand very well, turn it around and throw it right back at them, seeing they choose to play the religious card.

I don't expect Mr. Bush to ever apologize. He does not follow God, but has many, many followers fooled. So did Hitler, this is really starting to get scary.

But this was an answer to someone who said to me that we can't just up and leave Iraq. Nothing will work until he confesses his own errors. This is like a snow ball you roll in the snow, it gets bigger and bigger, because you tell a lie to cover up a mistake until finally you have one big fat mistake. It's a mess. It can't last forever, eventually the dam will brake and everything will fall out. I just hope sooner than latter. The longer this goes on, the worse it will get.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Indeed, we need to keep in mind that these people were raised in endless blood money and no nothing of the plight of the little man, let alone the life of the honest man.

I loved the original post here too. But making sense doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite for making foreign policy, where as making dollars I guess does.

Spreading freedom, what a joke, too bad its not funny. Try spreading corporate tyranny.

Oh, and the original post Bush wishful thinking wouldn't work anyway, seeing as how he knew full well there was nothing there, we knew what they had, we helped give it to them, we were there when they blew it up in Gulf one, again further harming our own troops in the process exposing them to toxic shit. Then we sanctioned them for years after blowing up all capability to do anything to anyone.

We've murdered more innocent Iraqis then Saddam could even dream of, yet Saddam will remain the bad guy in the hopelessly lost American mind, or brain washed Bush advocates and ignorant hopefuls.

Its a pity that I'm going to have to say I lived in the next Nazi Germany, and that my kids, well, who even knows what horrors await them, they'll probably be forced into some army or camp with the rest of us, or just killed off by the "elite".

God save those innocents.....

And for shame on you who speak of knowledge of Government and corporate corruption then talk of the good of Bush's, who excell at both. I should be a bigger man and ask forgiveness for your souls, and I do in one since, but in the other that is perfectly human of me, I almost hope you rot in hell for promoting ignorance and propaganda, stop biting the hook and damning our children.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
My heart stopped when I heard Mr. Bush tell the troops, "More may be asked of you."

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I'm glad I missed it, I might have puked some more. And I like my burgers too much.

Not that it should shock anyone, who did we all think was going to fight a hundred year war?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • M •
rexwriter is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does anyone else find it dangerous to combine the idea of the U.S.'s current foreign policy with Christianity? I had a talk with a conserative Christian a couple of months ago, and he was saying the reason the U.S. was so successful as a nation was that there were so many Christians here, as opposed to India (his example).

64yrs • M •
Yes, it kind of bothers me. I have found some Christian groups that don't follow this same thread. faithfulamerica.org and sojo.org. I have joined these groups to offer my support. Also I have recently joined theologyweb.com. There is a lot of people their who dislike what Bush is doing. People who once believed in him are turning and seeing him for what he really is, a very powerful Oil Barron. He no more believes in Jesus then Dumb Teen does and as one veteran put it, the cool aid is wearing off. Keep the faith, the tide is turning. I don't believe it will be another Richard Nixon, but something similar. I am happy for the vote in Iraq and still, not much violence.

This experience did wake me up some, I'm going to always be more involved in politics. It is important, because there is enough ignorant people out there to mess the whole world up.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And what if Eve had said to Adam" Take out the trash, you lazy bum!"

One of the concerns I see in the US today is the "Career Politician". Unless I am totally mistaken (which happens from time to time) we were originally set up to where a man would serve a term, then go home to his former employment, to over simplify things. Now, it is a career, where the money-laden rich stay in politics until they retire, or die of old age. How can someone stay in touch with the common man, if they are never part of that segment of society?

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are right in principle. However if you look at the history of American politics you will see that it was an ideal that has never really been upheld.

64yrs • M •
That is true - our fore fathers owned slaves and didn't offer much to save the indians. But I can remember a time when drunk driving was acceptable behavior, should there be an accident, we would forgive them.

Nothing is ever perfect, hasn't been or will be.

The Politics Of Religion
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy