Try define the word 'nomal'. Don't use the dictionary. I want to the REAL definition. What is it? - Personal
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Depression and Suicide

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Depression and Suicide
A daily torture for me, but I just cant find the strength to end it all. Should we just leave it down to chemicals in the brain or is it something deeper. I assume, in my case at least, it is because I question absoloutly everything, but only seldom, if at times ever, find the answers I require. Your thoughts...

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
seek help immediately. there is certainly no shame in taking medicine to fix the most imortant part of your body. but definately be sure within yourself that it must be done, before following through.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Depending on your circumstances, you may just be thinking too much and not actually doing enough. Its another form of imbalance, your brain can only conceptualize so much, making use of the thoughts or having to think in action.

Write how you feel, many arduous thinkers make for good writers, and looking at what you were thinking and feeling after getting it out can often show you what you are doing wrong or right, and what you may need to do.

If you are severely traumatized, you probably need professional help, you have trapping thought patterns and cycles that are keeping you down.

Sometimes you just need to share your feelings with others, see that you are not alone and that no matter what someone always has it worse.

Watch a show about people living with deformities, imagine their hell and how they manage to be happy anyway.

Change your surroundings and friends if need be, try out religion if its for you, concentrate on the good of people, be cheesy for a while. Find a problem with yourself or the world and work to fix it.

Make goals, small and large. Do something for yourself then do something for someone else without looking for thanks or reward.

Put a smile on someones face, remember that at your age you have time to find a path in life that suits you.

Try to keep active though, seriously. If you don't have friends and family helping or pushing you in ways you know are good for you then you need to find a support group, people who will educate and or give constructive criticism.

Most of that is stuff therapists will tell you anyway, trust me, so you can get an idea and perhaps a head start.

And along the lines of Wyotes comments, don't fear stigmas of therapy, its just someone like a parent or friend point you in the directions that someone may have failed to teach you to do for yourself.

Take multi-vitamins and try to better your diet, as well as add some sort of excersize, even if only taking a walk or hiking, walks are really good for people, get some sunlight.

Basically try something other than what you are doing now that has lead to this.

Oh, and since you are a pot smoker, you need to remember that you are altering your chemistry, and you are also ending the phase of distinct change in your life, puberty, this also affects your chemistry, so you may need to change up your habits.

If you are smoking alone and more than on occasional weekends with people than you are dependant, period. Do you want it to control you?

Though you may think pot makes you more creative, it doesn't, what it does do is makes you stop caring about how bad your skills are at being creative and allows you to flow, however, learning the skills you are already naturally talented at does far more for you level of creativity.

Find your worst fear, especially social fears, and face them, break out of your comfort zone, try things out.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heh my advice sucks, leftwood knows what hes talking about.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Na, you had it right, you said talk to a therapist, that's actually my natural born instinctive profession, but my secret is I've had therapy, so this is just stuff they would tell and or you would get from taking psychology classes, which I've taken some.

Oh, that and I live with suicidal thoughts and feelings more than I would care to.

So I was really just adding to your post.

Hopefully its useful for you Bastard.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thank you all for your most helpfull advice. Im going to do what you have said and hopefully that will help conquer this terrible affliction.
Presently I'm awaiting results of a blood test, which I took in aims to see if theres something more to this. Your completely right on the hash issue, and I dont smoke it anymore [as from a week ago] and I've cut my alcohol levels down to once a week, which is quite a step for me I think. I must be more socialble too, I think.
I believe writing is a great therapy, infact perhaps the best, and I keep a record of daily events and thoughts and write alot of poetry and music, but when the vast amount of this literature tends to focus on the negative its just a further reminder about how difficult things have become.
Again, much thanks to you people for your responses and valuble advice.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
Depression and Suicide
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy