Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Favs

User Thread
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Favs
Who is your fav. author? What is your fav. book? Why are these your favs?

My fav. author would have to be Nora Roberts or JD Robb. Her books, be it the romances that she writes as Nora or the futureistic suspense that she writes as JD, just pull me in unlike any other that I've read. I've always been able to get a picture of the story that an author is telling but with Nora or JD it's like I am a character. I not only see everything in my mind but also almost feel as I'm living what the characters are living.

As far as my fav. book goes, there's just toooo many out there.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
favorite poet - Shel Silverstein. his poems have been a part of my life in many different ways, from using them in school projects to reflecting on them in relation to my own life.

favorite author - Mercedes Lackey. if you havent read The Mage Wars Trilogy, you just dont know what you are missing!

favorite book - The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. i could swear it was written about me.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Favorite author: Roald Dahl
Favorite book: LOTR trilogy and Roald Dahl's books. Though I don't feel like putting these books on pedestals.

I've adored Roald Dahl's books since childhood. I've read most of them (Charlie and the Chocolate Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, the BFG). I love to come home from school, curl up near the furnace with a cup of tea and a Roald Dahl book. It's just the book to enhance a child's imagination. And they all have happy endings (I can't read about depressing endings when I come home from school). They're preposterous and fantastic all at the same time. I like to keep my inner child alive.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love books...where do I start???
Some of my favorite books are: Spindle's End, Drowning in Secrets, Troubling A Star, Troy: from Adele Geras, Looking at the moon, Hollow Tree, Feelin sorry for Celia, North Side of the Tree, The Night I Disppeared, The Catcher In the Rye, The Curious Incident About The Dog In The Night-time, Blindness, Slaves Of The Mastery, The Coram Boy.
Another book I loved was the Sky Stone. It's about 600-700 pages, so if your willing to take alot of you spare time reading-it's worth it!

Some of my favorite authors are: Cathy Hopkins, Louise Rennison, Caroline B. Cooney, and Nicholas Sparks.

Yeh, I'm such a book worm!

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 61yrs • F •
Cazzie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My fav author atm is Martina Cole

She IS awesome - true escapism

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stephen King- his books make no sense until you read them out loud, but then when you do, they actually are good. "Dreamcatcher" is my favorite- deals with the structure of the human mind and, more importantly, how to get out of it.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Favorite author - Chuck Palahniuk (writer of fight club)
- Chuck is an AMAZING writer, his words just totally immerse you in the world he is talking about, or the person he is describing. It is INSANE. Hubert Selby Jr is also one of my favorites, he has the ability to really make you think.

Favorite books - Ah, there are a lot. First off the ones by Chuck - Choke, Invisible Monsters, Diary, Lullaby ALL great books. And as for Hubert Selby Jr....one book (also a FANTASTIC movie), Requiem For A Dream. This book is probably the best book I have ever read. It is brutaly honest in its story telling, and makes you feel real emotion. It is an interesting read though, no quotations when people talk, no new paragraphs. Just periods and comma's. Great books though, all of them.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ssenfieri is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some of my favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, Hunter Thompson, Dan Brown, Margaret Weis, and Tracy Hickman.

I'd say right now my favorite book is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter Thompson. It's just so ridiculous.

"Silly, far too silly."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
some of my favorite authors are dorthy parker,edgar allen poe,v.c. andrews,shel siverstien,john grisham,stephen king,anne rice,mya angelou,poppy z brite and many more that i just cant think of right now

some of my favorite books are the vampire chronicals by anne rice but there are soo many books i love that i cant list them all

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rancidkitty, have you read the Daren Shan chronicles of Crique Du Freak? They're pretty cool but theres so many of them!

My favorite book right now is Dr. Neruda's Cure For Evil by Rafael Yglesias. It's about a therapist and psycologically analzing people and himself and trying to 'cure evil'. It's a crazy book. I love it.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wandering....no i havent...but maybe i'll give it a read...thatnx for the sugestion

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • F •
no problem. They're also about vampires too, I forgot to mention that.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
tie between catcher in the rye and for whom the bell tolls for my two favorite novels.

"You are reading this."
 35yrs • F •
I'm currently reading The Face Of Another by Kobo Abe. It talkes about a scientist who got his face wiped out by a lab accident, and now he has a horribly disfigured face so he tries to reconstruct it and during that time, he comes to certain realizations on the importance that people have put on face. It's really good and it explores identity, self worth, and social contact.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My favourite book is definitely Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
Favs
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy