I need more money, more power, and less shit from stupid people like you. - Evilia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Patriot Acts Across the Globe

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"You will lose your liberty" Part of Ashcroft quote threatening any American dissent, in claims of aiding terrorism, making patriotism both cherished and a terrorist act? And people fight both sides of it, its amazingly absurd.

http://www.progressivetrail.org/articles/031111Cassel.shtml

USA Patriot Act Spawns Like Laws, Like Abuses, Around the World
by Elaine Cassel

published by Civil Liberties Watch

USA Patriot Act Spawns Like Laws, Like Abuses, Around the World

Great Britain, Canada, Australia, South Africa, to name a few of our international "friends," have enacted versions of our post-September 11 laws that curtail civil liberties in the name of fighting "terror."

Phew, this helps, I didn't realize what I was getting into when I started posting different country's "patriot acts". So here's a thread to pull it all together.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
History then and now.

Hear is a thought to keep in mind, The Holocaust didn't happen overnight, Hitler wasn't the dictator power untill after HE BURNED DOWN HIS OWN CAPITOL BUILDING, THe Reichstag (sp) and then instituted MARSHAL LAW, which is what all the Patriot acts come down to.

He then had to spend 6 years building concentration camps and thanks to IBM and the Stassi got internal intelligence identifying and catagorizing the entire population under him, so as to weed out the specific polish jews or whatever and hopefully you get the picture.

When the government starts telling you the problem is coming from within, you need to be worried, not because they are wrong, but because they are saying its the increasingly powerless and watched populations fault and specifically disregard and even make illegal any notion of people with the power and resources to cause such global problems of being involved or even investigated for anything.

This kind of world dominating effectively secret coordinated goups engineering the most heinous terrorist attacks against the most powerful country ever, not only would take gobs of money, which oil rich countries peasants don't control or benefit (and known terrorist money is generaly tracked), so they would need connections, ways to move such money, ways to infiltrate and learn procedures of government inner workings to avoid being stopped. Be able to bypass, CIA FBI NORAD Echolon etc. etc. etc. etc. And sure they could buy off many of the people, with gifts like business and money, but that too would mean Government FAULT, meaning internal investigations worth a damn need to be taken serious.

That kind of world terror is tough to do from a cave with people tapping all communications and watching money and arms and people flow. While being chased for bombing the USS Cole and Embassies.

And when White House friends/associates and family are found in tons of Key posistion of instrumental failures from within, that's at least supposed to end with people getting fired, happened for Peal Harbor. They at least provided patsies who were innocent as carrying out orders.

Not this time, promotions were more likely, if dissent was smelled, fired was more likely. And they get away with it all, even if its reported, because no one believes it and they are not willing to look into it, they don't want to believe it, and so they don't, not for a good reason, just because they are told to believe something else, while evidence is kept secret, that's our free thinking society today.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
There is one key point to be made about these "Patriot Act" or terrorism fighting bills, at least in my country, I haven't read much of all your death threats, but that it actually changes constitutional laws, I don't know if it does this by actually somehow changing the constitution or just somehow ignoring it, I'm quite confused about this point, because they are instituting unconstitutional "laws"?, is that what these even are?

Even if they could only be instituted during war, which I'm not sure is that case, but the world is in a state of perpetual war unless we quit this shit now, the evidence is conclusive, this war is about GLOBAL DOMINATION, if not by America then by the UN.

For the record, terrorism is real, the problem is people don't realize who these people really work for, us and our allies, its called state sponsored terrorism and we've been doing it for years. Osama and Saddam were/are both allies and CIA assets, you don't get armed and trained by us and become our greatest threats without us knowing everything you do. Wake up.

We may just be playing bad cop here in America, or fucking insane cop as it would appear to me. And the Friendly private organization is gonna help us free us from ourselves.

Wolfowitz's doctrine and PNAC are pretty much law now, I'll remind people that this group of Neo-Cons and whatever their influences (political and business relationships and personal greed and delusion) have been cooking this up since Reagan when they first got together, and they all served under Bush 1 too, and back then they were called "THE CRAZIES" for god's sake people.

We need to wake up and look at this.

We have occupied Iraq, Afghanistan, and various other points around the region, we have at least 4 bases in Iraq, and there are supposed to be about 14 new ones all together that mainly stabilize the path of the oil pipleline they were, did, or are still planning to put in.

What this also does is place the bases needed for the final step towards America's FULL SPECTRUM DOMINANCE, or world domination if you change one little phrase, wake up, which in turn gives us the needed relays to finish our dominance of space as well. If it sounds nuts to you, which I hope it does, well, its real, its official, and you can check it out for yourself, Wolfowitz doctrine and PNAC. Which was only possible at this speed given what THEY called "a new Pearl Harbor event", that's what they were "waiting" for.

Just the first Patriot Act was like a thousand pages of just new laws, let alone II and victory act I & II. Which basically gives them the right to imprison and execute anyone they deem a terrorist, without warrants, representation, trial by peers (3 judge panels instead), etc. etc. etc. and all in secrecy, that's what should really scare you.

Oh, but we can't tell the terrorists what our government is doing to save us, wake up, we are the terrorists. Mohammed Atta and a couple others were under constant surveylance, there were repeated warnings, FBI was told to back off by both Clinton and Bush, I remember hearing it both times on the news even. But do we put it together, na, that would be a conspiracy, and those just don't happen, right?

Conspiring is just people acting together in secret or overtly, and if its for malicious purposes, which killing innocents by the thousands, securing oil for our contractors, stripping "unalienable rights" (the point of the constitution and bill of rights is to keep that from happening at all costs, even revolting against the government, wake up), illegal occupation, destroying the economy and bankrupting the country aren't enough to make me think that their plans have our best interests in mind.

Remember, CIA has been guilty of drug trafficking for years, its was the other half of the Iran Contra, guns for drugs. And since we began "occupying" Afghanistan, opium production has gone up 900%, it was even on the news.

Wake up. Congressman Ron Paul even said, "Our forefathers have revolted over much lighter forms of TYRANNY than this." this was in response to being bullied to pass the Patriot Act without being allowed to even fucking read it! (Congress was not allowed, and allowed themselves not to be allowed to read the act, untill after)This is insane, well, hear is one more quote that is seemingly going to be important too.

"[G]un control often serves as a gateway to tyranny. Tyrants from Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control. Our Founders, having just expelled the British army, knew that the right to bear arms serves as the guardian of every other right. This is the principle so often ignored by both sides in the gun control debate. Only armed citizens can resist tyrannical government." --Ron Paul

Wake up.

46yrs • M
Are your rights important to you? It doesn't matter where you live, this applies to you.

46yrs • M
I want any of you to tell me how this or anything else doesn't reinforce our inability to investigate posistions of power?

And tell me how that is a good thing. Ya, you have to be cautious and prepared that people will be a danger of some sort right? But not in the most dangerous posistions in society, leadership? Who are supposed to be friggin representatives.

46yrs • M
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Opinion/Editorials/0
3OpOPN69010405.htm

This is what we all have to look forward to, I've been hearing of this shit constantly from everywhere, even the mainstream news, though they tend to condone it.

We are torturing people, we are holding innocent people without charge, let alone representation.

Anyone ok with this is sick, and probably just stupid, because as soon as someone you know or even yourself get taken in, oh then everything will suddenly be bad and wrong.

This shit makes me want to puke, and everyone who just says Bush is helping people, is sadly uniformed and over propagandized, they sure aren't listening to anything like the bible.

46yrs • M
Any government or representatives that feel the need to apply torture or take liberties in exchange for "safety", needs immediately to have these measures applied to themselves first, in an all out no holds barred attempt to expose corruption, then the public can openly and in a fair manner have an untampered vote on the issue.

Governments are the guilty party in most international instabilities, including in their own countries, people who don't think that the management of the people and their resources has anything to do regional instabilities are sorely mistaken.

If countries that have the most oil, also have the some of the largest populations of underdeveloped and poor societies, than something is wrong. And if you blame this poverty on the poor, you might just be retarded.

These people are being raped and slaughtered past, present, and future, they have a right to be angry. They are fighting people who are stealing their oil and enslaving them, as they have been for years either from within or abroad, and usually both.

Why do you think other countries hate us, could it perhaps be because we are notorious for installing and aiding vicious dictators who oppress their people, so we can gain control over their resources?

Na, this is all about some people who took their bible too seriously huh, calling us the devil only because we aid Israel or some other such thing, right?

Its corporate/government criminals that destroy societies, even small groups of people can only terrorize small areas. Its takes someone inside the government and economic machines to take down whole nations.

46yrs • M
Britain 'sliding into police state'

Britain sliding into police state, says terror expert

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/attacks/story/0,1320,1400586,00.html

62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Governments are the guilty party in most international instabilities, including in their own countries

I think you will find very few people that have 100% faith in their government and policies.

46yrs • M
But do you think they feel that way for good reason or not, and there is a difference between thinking and knowing.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy