If you love your boy friend, let him go. If he doesn't come back...he's with me. - <anonymous>
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I would like an opinion on this letter

User Thread
 53yrs • F •
sch777 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If this letter was sent to you,
What would you think about the guy sending it?

First thing first.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year shelly.
Okay i'm a nut case, ya think?
if you haven't read the 'Letter' i sent you?
Good Don't.
If you do, i'll never speak to you again. Lol
Oh, hell shelly, i don't know what the hell at the time i was thinking of.
I was driving home from work that morning listening to the radio.
Some Zeppelin come on the radio, 'The Rain Song'.
You just popped in my visions. Which was better at the time for me,
then me thinking the whole way home, god i hope i don't hit a dear at 80mph.
The truth here is that every now and then i do think of you and wonder how you are and how you are doing.
Sometimes i think how nice it would be if i was with shelly.
Why?
Because shelly likes the same style of music i do.
Shelly said she doesn't want kids?
Shelly said she doesn't want to get married again?
Shelly is 34 or 35.
God what a cool chic!
Hey some of the letter is true.
Like the time your was crying over something tim had said to you. Yes it's true i did want to hold you and comfort you.
But you had to go.
No big deal.
Yes it's also true that i wanted to check you out in you undees or how ever the hell you spell it.
But i didn't want you to think i was some kind of perv.
And yes it would be cool to see you in an evening dress, me and you dancing to 'The Rain Song'.
Yes it is true that i would like to have the same kind of friendship with you.
That i had with john. It's a little harder with kid sister shelly.
Because old bruce has a thing for her. I know it's a thing called lust.
Everything i wrote about gigi is a deep seeded truth.
Yes i know i'm being too truthful here.
But that's me.
If there is a truth to be spoken, then i'm going to speak it.
So the truth here is, i didn't send you the letter, in hopes that it would move you towards me.
No, no, i just needed someone to unload on. Someone to listen for awhile to some of my off the wall shit.
For the rest of the letter, i seriously think i was in la, la, land or someshit.
I get that way when i don't sleep much. Which i haven't been sleeping worth a shit in the past few weeks or so. Ya know what? I think we could get along pretty good.
Because i like to listen to women talk.
Only when i have to. Lol.
The truth here is that i work too much and don't play enough.
Anything farther then a friendship between us would be too much of a burden on you shelly.
Why?
What's with all these why?
Because most of the time i want to be left alone, never tied down and i can't stand a woman hanging all over me all the time. People make me crazy with all their masks they hide behind.
Then there are the times i just want the whole world around me and every woman in my arms and in my bed.
I grow up too fast too soon. I pissed away most of my school years with drug and alcohol. I was kicked out of 1st grade for two weeks for getting in to a fight.
I got my butt beat and so in return i trashed the school 6 times before i got busted by the cops.
You and i most likely would have been together in our teen years, if i would have stayed out of trouble with the law enough then.
Oo, so i think, huh?
Yes, because i was funny, rude, crud, a bad ass and a party hound. Never was there a dual moment around me.
I never cared about anything but having fun.
Gigi's death and me stepping out of a car at 35mph when i was 18 years old.
Was a major slap in the face. Gigi's death crushed and tore my heart into a bazillion pieces.
While the head trauma i gained from my foolishness caused my short term memory to be damaged, among other things to change, personality and health and such.
My biggest problem with women anymore is i just don't know where to start. Hey slow down shelly.
Answer this one:
What can you do that i can't do?
Everything.
I can't drink anymore, because it really hurts while i'm drinking.
It feels like someone is trying to pull my guts out.
Even some foods do the same and milk does this to, if i drink milk to fast.
I have no spleen and 60% of my pancreas is gone.
Hell yea, i love to dance and sing and cut loose, after i've drank a keg of beer.
Shelly you know what i'm about to say, better then anyone period.
Women are not looking for a lame ass, dual, broken hearted, not so sure of himself man.
Because you guessed it. You are a woman.
A woman is looking for a fun, caring, not over bearing, warm, charming, giving, lovable man.
I know i'm right about all of the above.
And of course a one night stand every now and then.
Candy, flowers, jewelry is just a foolish mans away of trying to buy his way into your heart.
Which if a woman isn't a gold digger.
All of the candy and flowers and jewelry will make her feel like he's not seeing her for whom she really is.
Yes i know more then you may think, yet i feel i have one hell of a time trying to express it.
As i know that a simple hi how have you been and what have you been up to?
Would have more of an effect on you, then a long and drawn out letter, like the one i sent and this one has on you.
Why then do i do this?
Because i like to write.
My fingers become like i a run away train in more ways then one.
When it comes it a woman, there is no rushing anything.
So since i think i know so much about a woman?
Why then don't i have one?
You tell me this shelly.
Woooo, what a burden i placed on you.
The reason why i don't have a woman is the simple and plane truth, i just don't feel a woman would want anything to do with a man like me.
Why?
Because i am broken.
Stop it shelly, no pity, no sympathy.
Just your eyes to read.
Feel glade and feel proud that you are all together, mind and body.
I really don't know what's fucked your life all up.
To which in keeping you from keeping a man.
This is no shit nor no damn come on or any bullshit.
But what i see of you and from what i know of you so far.
You really should have been with someone still.
Come on shelly you know of all these things i'm about to write about you.
Why?
Because sometimes people need to be remind of what they truly are.
You are of course beautiful from head to little toe.
Sometimes our own reflection are not what we truly see of ourselves.
You have a sense of humor and charm.
You like to be around other people.
You watch football, every mans dream come true.
You love most everything in life and if that Mr. right ever comes along, you'll love him too.
Sorry for me, sounding like a know it all.
Something is telling me that if i keep writing to you like this.
You are going to want to shoot me or hate me.
I can only guess how near or far i am from the truth?
So you have found a killer job?
That's nice.
I know what you mean by being very busy.
Someday you will find that Mr. Right
Thank you, for thinking about me the other day.
Well i've said an eye full or two
Got to get to work

Sincerely
Bruce

P.M.S. I know i'm something else, just always feel free to write anything that's on your mind.
The sun always shines, Even on cloudy days.

Please Someone Give Their Opinion

"My luck with men.....always a catastrophe!!!!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the man is obviously in love with you, but totally not ready for a serious relationship... and i get the feeling you arent either.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's what I think:

The guy sounds like he likes you a lot but I wouldn't say he loves you.

He's trying to buy you with his compliments but this doesn't mean he's not sincere.

He sounds like he's looking for you to give him some thing positive (maybe a one night stand) in return.

Hes trying to make himself sound like a fun party dude maybe he thinks you are attracted to this.

He said he doesn't want to move you towards him but hes lying you don't write a letter full of compliments for no reason.

Hes made an effort to make it sound conversation-like.

He's presumptuous because he thinks he knows what you will say.

He sees am affinitity and if you see it to then you should be with him.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i meant more of a "crush" type of love... i hate the word love, its so vague.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 53yrs • F •
sch777 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would like to thank you both for your opinions.

The fact that i barely know the guy who wrote this is what prompted me to see what other people would think. Other people that doesn't know me nor him. I first met him after my older brother pasted away. He was a friend to him. This was a little over three years ago. It puzzled me wondering why my bother never introduced either of us. Bruce is good looking and seems to have his acted together. But he never comes around me much and he has never asked me out on a date. Seems to me he's shy. Because he never talks to me as he has written to me. Maybe he has tried the times i've seen him? But me having family and friend running in and out of my home all the time. May have side tracked him? I'm gonna think on this for awhile.

53yrs • F •
Where are the women of this board?
Two guys have given their opinions.
How about a few opinions from some woman.

53yrs • F •
awakeningmy...
You are very mistaken about what you just said.
There is a truth to be seen and a understanding to be learned.
Reflections of oneself can be of two reflections.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you are both right, cause keep in mind, he didn't know the chick THAT well, specifically in her feelings and opinions of him, so in many senses he was indeed meaning to have it read and analyzed by at least one semi-stranger.

And since I'm posting in here I might as well share my input on the letter which I read some time back, I partially didn't post anything because some of it was a little eerie in familiarity.

I can relate too much. Though I've never classified myself as a real fun guy, usually cause I'm too uncomfortable or engrosed in thought or something.

But my opinion is that he sounds like a genuinely fairly nice and interesting person, but unstable.

I think he has fallen into a vision of you, he has an idea of who you are, which is probably wrong to many degrees that he isn't aware.

I'd say also, that if he is stable at least in his work life, only because relationships today (unless you are rich) don't last without two working parties, and if he is a nice enough person, you should do what you would do with anyone you have an interest in, get to know him, don't lead yourself or him on past where you are comfortable, and be verbal about boundaries, respectful but verbal.

Who knows, you may be great together, or not. One way to find out, just be careful, honest, and enjoy the ride.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 53yrs • F •
Step to the thread (Why has my life turned out this way?)
There you will find the man who write me this letter
He not only lost the woman and their child, he also lost a ten year friendship with my older brother, which he has blamed himself for not stopping my brother from stepping over the edge with his once girlfriend at the time. Twice death has walked into his life and taken love and friendships away.

The truth is we have been best friends since and neither want it to be anymore.
Both feel a sense of each others pain.
So for all of the eyes on these baords understand hold onto what ever you have and always appreciate them for every thing they are. For one day they may fall in to the hands of death.
This world hasn't time to stop long enough to realize the most important feeling love. To fix what shouldn't be broken.
Facing a truth is the hardest to face.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy