Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Theory of Relativiy

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theory of Relativiy
Ok, can someone plz explain 2 me in engilsh wat the theory of relativity is?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
May be we should start with what is a scientific theory?
Actually the theory of relativity states that the aspects of any relation is relative to its values?
No, if something exist relative to something else then there is a relationship exist between them. Except they use the term like coordinate systems & other mathematically defined terms.
Which may not be as strait forward as it sounds.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
University Physics Pg. 251
Chapter 14
Relativistic Mechanics
14-1 Invariance of Physical Laws
In previous chapters, we have stressed the importance of inertial frame of reference.
Newton's Law of Motion is valid only in inertial frames.
Any frame moving with constant velocity with respect to another inertial frame is itself, an inertial frame
and all such frames are equivalent with respect to expressing the basic Principles of Mechanics.
The Laws of Mechanics are the same [equivalent?] in every inertial frame of reference.
Einstein proposed in 1905 that this principle should be extended to all basic laws of physics. . . the principle of relativity states that the laws of physics are the same in every inertial frame of reference.

According to the author of the text the principles of momentum are valid for all inertial systems, then the MV of particles then must transform into MV/ (1-V2/C2) as the velocity approaches the velocity of light and fundamental modifications are needed in the kinetic aspects of motion.
I find the use of equivalent to indicate equality being the Laws are the same, an interesting aspect of this statement and do note that light doesn't have inertial mass, should it obey the laws of inertia?
Still I tend to agree that this principle should be extended to all basic laws of physics. . . the principle of relativity states that the laws of physics have equivalence in any frame of reference, the physical laws within this universe are constant, basic statement of closure of the universe.
quote:
MATRIX
What exist in an dimension array, exist relative to all dimensions within that array.
In our universe, we generally call form, the substance & the function, the flow characteristic of the form.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Refraction: the bending of light when it passes from one medium to another.
Refraction occurs because waves travel at different velocities in different media.
Example: a straw in a glass of water.
the straw represents the surface area (volume) in contact with the mediums of air & water [& velocity in a vacumn?].
Portion of the straw in contact with the medium atomosphere has one reference system the velocity in air. The portion within the water has another velocity but they exist relative to each other.
Therefore according to the theory of relativity,the velocity in air is one reference system & the velocity in the water is another reference system which exist relative to [each other] the straw & they manifest in our reality as the bent straw
quote:
=> the index of refraction, wetting, minicule, etc.] http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=32981-u-frmid=17-u-page=1

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
quote:
First of all, water is not plasma. No insipid interpretation of the bible is going to help you.
Genesis is the most absurd part of the bible, some of it may contain truth or wisdom but, damnit (dim wit ), Genesis is a mythology. Trying to defend I think requires a bad faith." But some theories do seem to lead to similar conclusions as the bible?"
These are either complete coincidence or purposely misreading the bible.

quote:
I agree extremely on this topic.
He makes good points and disproves theories that you people are putting forward.
And what most people don't seem to realize, that the Thread title is "Science is prooving the bible" or some other sort of nonsense, but that is incorrect, Science is never the strongest proof, due to the fact every scientist has their bias' and interpretations of the things they read, see, discover etc... so for all we know, the people who wrote those articles, are biased and believe in God, therefore are going to be more lenient (spelling?) towards that end of this argumentative spectrum on this topic.

Yes, I agree withyou that their are those who work hard to hide the truth shown by science; but who do you say they are
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=27618-u-frmid=21-u-page=2

quote:
Therefore,....this thread is shit and a waste of time.
And if anything, science proves that God didn't make the world, and that it was a natural occurrence, following the life of planets, stars and entire solar systems, which have been proved and approved by practically any scientist from high school - professors, with half a brain. (well the majority that is, and therefore, accepted.) Ah thank you very much
[quote]"Look at the post in the science section, how many of these show evidence that the author has any comprehension of the substance (scientific theory) for the development & use of those listed?"
Of course, people do not know how it works. But from scientific theory, some can learn.
With biblical dogma, NO ONE has learned anything about how our universe actually works.
quote:
main idea i saw was that our knowledge builds off of observation and speculation. if we are not observing something that is there, we can not speculate over it.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=17-u-thrdid=32981-u-page=1

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gammanova is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[u]the theory of relativity is the theory in saying that all matter and anti-matter , visible and invisible is relative to one another in some way or another, or like saying the earth rotates because of the gravitational pull of the sun and moon. they are 3 different bodies yet all relating. so in that being said everything is effected by something and effects something else which in turn effects something else and so on. it is an universaly infinite re-active activity that is occuring naturally from the beginning until eternity!

"tree of existance from one seed"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The one things people miss when first trying to understand relativityis the idea that time passes differently on each piece of space, determided by the the total gravitational force in that area.

That is why time moves differently for people in orbit than for those closer to Earths gravity well.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
correct me if im wrong, but isnt this "theory" now actually fact? i could have sworn i saw something about how Einstien had trouble finding an equation that corolated large masses and small masses but recently somebody had come up with a universal equation... thus proving this "theory" to be a reality. perhaps much of it is still open to interpretation tho.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually the opposite is happening. Scientists are beggining to doubt some aspects of his theory.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
oh ok... ill read up on it.

33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that crescent24 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you want to learn more about the theory of relativity (which I think has been misrepresented here) check out The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. It's actually about string theory, but, in the beginning, it has a great explanation of relativity that everyone can understand.

"Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth."
 40yrs • M •
yea great book. everyone interested should read it.

72yrs • M •
Just going to bed when I had this thought so I thought I would get it down while it was fresh in mind. When you think of the Big Bang Theory do you conceive it as particles of Matter or as subatomic particles that form the elements (matter) which compose the universe?

47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
crescent24,
quote:
If you want to learn more about the theory of relativity (which I think has been misrepresented here) check out The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

14 y/o and reading this material - I'm impressed!

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
Theory of Relativiy
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy