Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

DoO we really want to know...?

User Thread
 56yrs • M •
Rushukaa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
We are all here because we fear death... say what you want but come to grips. If the living could ever prove there was existance after death, the remaining time would be kaos. Bottom line is you seek because you fear......

"We have been working in reverse from the beginning..."
[  Edited by Rushukaa at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Re-Animated is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I never seeked becuse i feard. What death is came to me with nature. And it's when I discovered what death is I was filled with fear. I don't know how or when, it was just me by myself thinking about it through what I allready knew. But maby the reason for me thinking about it was the fear of what I thought it maby wouldn't be like. Or maby the fear for what it is like.

Don't really remember, but my perception has developed through years of study and philosophying on things like that.

"Albert Fish: "What I did must have been right or an angel would have stopped me, just as an angel stopped Abraham in the Bible [from sacrificing his son].""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have never feared death, i experienced a close brush with it at a very young age and have had several other "close calls" over the years. it was the most natural and beautiful event in my life next to falling in love.

i do have a great fear of pain, however.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 36yrs • M •
PsI-X is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that there isnot life after death, nothing. No sonsiousness, no blackness, no lonelyness.. nothing. Since our brains are like a very complex computer, when it is switched off then we go off... If we become brain damaged, then do we go to the after life brain damaged? will the soul of a born brain damaged fperson become normal after death if there is life after death, or at least consious existence? i doubt that. So my idea of death is final, nothing, not even nothing. Death is death and anything after that is not there.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I philosophize about life and death. Reincarnation just seems likely.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i fear an end. not death. To think that there is nothing beyond our comatose body is a thought that makes me quiver. It is one of the main reasons i stay christian .

"www.starforsaken.com"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think not. I have absoloutly no fear concerning death. I also cannot find any sense in your statement. How are 'we all here because we fear death' ? I cant prove the resons why we are here, but I can assure you its not because we all fear death...

As for death itself...I have thought about this alot, as you do, and it seems to me that either reincarnation is possible, or the 4th dimension theory. I don't know if any of you are familiar with this theory but you'll have to conduct your own research on it as I dont have time to explain it in depth, its far too complex. But since the human brain can only hypothesise in 1st 2nd and 3rd dimensions, its rather impossible to imagine what the 4th (or afterlife?) would appear as. Just a thought.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 56yrs • M •
Rushukaa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Here meaning...this web thread...searching for answers ect

"We have been working in reverse from the beginning..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bastard, there are only three 'physical' dimensions and one seperate 'time' dimension, so don't worry, the fouth dimension doesn't mean a after life

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't fear death at all, it's just how I die.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time is not a dimension, its as man made as cars, concrete or Micheal Jackson...but most defnitely not a dimension.

38yrs • M •
And I'm not on this thread because I fear death, mere curiosity. Never in my life have I heard of a more pointless thing to fear than death. Its inevitable. Perhaps you should...well, live with it...

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lol, then tell me you 'bastard', what is the fourth dimension?!
Theres no confusion, it's as plain as there is gravity. 3 physical dimension+1 time dimension= four dimensions. No argument. It's a established fact. Its a different matter that you think like me that time only exists for us and so has no seperate existance, and so that there are only three dimensions. But this is way of topic. Just search time in the search box to open up all the discussions we'v has, post there.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
Im not denying the fact that theres three physical dimensions...and a quick look at what I've posted shall prove that quite clearly. The fourth dimension was only a theory, (like much of what you find on here) not fact, that I read quite a while ago, one of which did not concern time...lol indeed...infact i think it was somewhere on totse or some such foolish gathering of pompous ignorami...perhaps.
Besides, if an afterlife did exist, that would be the only non-physical fourth dimension...not time...And having said that, I'm not even going to argue over the existance of an afterlife, as its only a possibility, and since theres no way anyone could ever prove it so, fuck it. What facts do we have to go on? Zilch.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy