Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Light

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Light
Hey ppl. Well, light is one of the most basic and onbvious things of life, yet it is still a mystery. First of all, experiments have shown that light is made up of both particles and waves, any thoughts?
And what about the origin of light? I mean, why or how is light made up of those specific number of colours? Or is this question unanswerable?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1st) Experiments have shown that light [electromagnetic radiated energy] shows aspects of particle behavior, it has also shown that aspects of wave functions to be present as well.
2nd) these specific colors are specific range of frequencies that are related to the (molecular/atomic) electron orbitals, i.e. their quantum numbers. These orbitals act as resonant cavities (storing energy) forming the stable substance of our existence.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey people, i think one of the most interesting theories relating to light is how to make an object invisible. Ive read allot of article regarding opticle illusions using lots of cameras mounted on a suit to create an image of the background behind the suit itself - but this seems bulky and unreliable.
I then read an article on PLASMONIC FIELDS, it stated that if a electromagnetic field of very high energy particles could be created round a 3D object and that energy had a frequancy the same as that of any photons that came into contact with it then the two could cancel each other out causing the object to become invisible. There is one problem though - an invisible man in my opinion would also be a BLIND man because in order to see an object light needs to be reflected off the object and onto the retinas. BUT a special opticle device could be engineered to function like a one way mirror thus enabling light to hit the retinas but not be reflected away making the eyes and the rest of the person invisible!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
Light
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy