Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

to believe or not to belive - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
seektruth750 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I should have been more descriptive when I referred to "god." When I said that there is no god that created us etc, i was referring to the religious concept of god as a being that created man in his own image and created the sun in a day, and the stars the next day and now watches over us and judges us. I believe that there is a higher power. There absolutely has to be. We can debate whether the higher power is life in general, the human spirit, the energy of the universe, buddha, allah, George W., or whatever the hell else we want, but what we really must admit is that we don't really know.
I have a tendency to find myself thinking that once we can see a greater, more broad picture of the universe, maybe it will give us an idea that the greater power is something that we are just a small part of. Some sort of being that, on our scale, is enormous, but perhaps the being is a living entity much like what we know living things to be like.

"Never be too timid or squeamish, all life is an experiment."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There doesn't have to be a higher power.

What people mean by "higher power" is simply that the laws of the universe and the events of this universe are not random and arbitrary. They could be basically random and probably arbitrary.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think everybody believes in nature, maybe that is God, maybe the universe, be it artibary or not, is God. Why do we keep bringing God down to our level, as some thinking entity or something.It isn't neccesary that by God it is meant a 'higher power'. For me, everything is God, deep inside, you are God, deep inside, my little dog is God, deep inside, that tree is God, deep inside, that stone is God...

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well then what does "God" mean?

You need to define it before you believe in it. God is just a word, 90% of people don't know what it means, but they believe in that word harder then anything.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 33yrs • F •
openthedoors is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wow this is a very difficult subject . hmm god wow. there is truth behind " when the battery is dea there in no more light" so does that mean there is no life after death, and also the egyptians thought they were going to eternal live forever when we know thats not ture. there are so many different"gods" why do we believe that our "god" is "real" how can some one thats not visible i agree in a way that we only seek to "god" for comfort , because we are selfish humans and all we want to do it go to heaven , i find my self when im in trouble praying that it will go away, so i am also sucked in the idea- the thought of comfort for seeking something thats not there just to make your self feel better and when you think about parents used to tell us about "santa claus" right... if your bad,if your good, well that has the sam concept in heaven...if your bad, if your good.. you knwo what happens, maybe whne people are depressed they see the truth? why live by somebody else rules.. i'm not saying i dont believe, because i still do not know where i stand on my opinion, it is proven that there was jesus.. but not God.. but then again, theres wind, we dont see that, theres love, we dont see that...there's many things we just dont seebut htings we feel...so i dont know i'm left at a crossroad.

"life is full of unanswered questions when the whole time the answeres lie inside of you"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^Hey open, there's a difference in saying that God is not there, and God is nothing. Very few people say God is nothing, but when we say it we mean that he's nothing visible, nothing to the understanding of man, nothing tangible, the invisible entity that causes us to give life. God is the invisible thought inside your head that causes you to create a poem with a pen and paper. Saying that God is not there means that the creator doesn't exist, and you can't genderalize God because you would be confining the creator to something. You can't say the creator has a plan because you would still be confining God...God doesn't need, doesn't want, doesn't harbour emotions, doesn't hate, but Everything comes from the invisible which is God. For the longest time Scinence has been telling you that you can't create something out of nothing, but they have created physical instruments out of invisible thoughts.......God is nothing, but the creator does exist. Not in our puny reality, but in the reality of all existence.....

"I think everybody believes in nature, maybe that is God, maybe the universe, be it artibary or not, is God. Why do we keep bringing God down to our level, as some thinking entity or something.It isn't neccesary that by God it is meant a 'higher power'. For me, everything is God, deep inside, you are God, deep inside, my little dog is God, deep inside, that tree is God, deep inside, that stone is God..."

^^you're extremely genius......blessings.....I like your name too lol....My name is 'time'...

"Being is not knowing!"
to believe or not to belive - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy