Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

infinity?

User Thread
 57yrs • M •
gilgamesh3511 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
infinity?
So, how big is it? I used to lie back and let my mind go and I would travel past what the local big bang has created and wondered if you kept going farther if you would find another big bang situation or what? How far does one have to go before one finds "something else? According to "M theory" we should be existing in 10 dimensions. New here, be nice...

"I\\\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...I think..."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Be nice? Were you spying?

How does infinity even make sense. Something that can have no biggening, no end, and still not fill all known existence beyond capacity?

Its like the big bang and god, well were did all this universe stuff come from? Where did god come from?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
infinity is as big as you let it be

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Infinite doesn't exist. There's nothing in this universe that is infinte. The only thing that qualifies as infinite is the size of the universe. But at the point where matter ends, nothing else exists, so there is no infinite.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is currently no way of knowing what does or does not exist in terms of infinites and beginings and ends of this universe or any other. We simply do not have the necessary resources or knowledge to determine such things.

I'll give you that it doesn't make much sense, but I've come to learn that just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
infinity?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy