Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Too much deep thought.

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Too much deep thought.
Have you ever thought so deeply about everything that you stepped back finally and realized that you're better off just taking things simply or just letting things go instead of complicating them?

I think I've hit my rock bottom.
But it sucks when ignorance becomes torture instead of bliss because you're too painfully aware you're trying to be ignorant.

I'd prefer meaningful discussions over small talk, but subjecting myself to constant deep thought is starting to take its toll and causing all sorts of personal messes. So how do you just let yourself go? Just be silly and simple, when since your birth you were always more peculiar about things around you than your peers?

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have chosen the path of the ignorant in the past. sure its easy, your brain turns off and becomes numb. you find yourself simply wasting away... and then hating yourself for it. it becomes a cycle of self loathing and hate for others.

before i found this website i questioned whether there was anyone else in the whole world that thought as deeply and as often as i do. now i have a strong belief that the majority of the world are deep thinkers, it is just that people are afraid of fully exposing themselves and their ideas with others. so, many put up thick and complicated walls to protect themselves.

"if you knew what went on in my head youd probably want to kill me"

i have heard that statement from many different people in one form or another. we all wander around in our lives thinking that we are so different from eachother... but i dont think that is the case.

my advice:

dont become lazy. if anything think more often and more deeply. when you have exhausted your brain completely, start to question why it is exhausted. what caused it? how long did that really take? what can i do to allow myself to handle more? ect.

once you do that, its just a matter of self improvement... which is a lot easier to say than do.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats when you stop and think about your trying to accomplish with all this thinking. Then do something.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 57yrs • M •
gilgamesh3511 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am, unfortunately, unable to take things in any kind of ignorant fashion. I see things on such a large scale that it makes it difficult to enjoy the little things sometimes. The odd thing is that sometimes I find the most pleasure in the smallest things. How quantum is that?

"I\\\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...I think..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But we should try not to think deep all the time, cuz then it really screws you up.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wouldn't want to be ignorant although there was a time that I felt I did. I think balance is very important though between silly and fun and really digging into the depths of how we operate. And generally the silly and fun activities don't require or don't spark any sort of deep thinking so it's an easy "get-away".Although I guess you can get into the mysteries of this or that as you're toboganning down a hill!

I find that perception is very important to keep things in check in terms of how deep thinking affects us. It's possible to view things from a somewhat emotionally detached place, from a place of assessment, and therefore not be affected by them in the same way as if we allow the emotional side of it all to affect us. Assess things form a "researcher's" mindset with as little attachment to outcome and as little emotion as possible and things become far easier to take.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 35yrs • M •
Experiancing emotions is very important. If u try to have 'as little emotions as possible', u'll miss the lighter side of life.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I nearly fell of my mental chair when I found this site by accident because I found other people like me. I lived in a pretty sheltered environment and always went to private schools with few students. High school was the worst. So much to talk about but no one to talk with.

My parents, teachers, and friends have all told me that I overthink that in turn, leads to stress and confusion. Are they right? Should I believe them? What if their socioeconomic status has influenced their thinking? I think I do overthink compared to the general masses, but I can't help it. I want to understand everything, even if it is as abominable as calculus .

I can't slide into a state of ignorance because my thinking has caused me to form certain beliefs and perspectives on life that are ingrained into my heart. I too can't seem to enjoy life because of the ugliness I see behind it. For example, I can not have fun at a party because nothing about it makes sense to me.
-Why do girls dress up "nice"? Why do we dress up when we come to parties? Why did I dress up when I went to the one and only party I ever went to?
-Why do girls love romantic movies?
-Why do girls love to sing?

Yes, I am a big-time feminist. But I'm never satisfied with the underlying reasons for partying, so I never go. That's why I find it more sensible to relax on my own.

But doesn't this suck? I can never have a good time because I'm always searching beyond the obvious for the hidden reasons or messages. I lost interest in cartoons because they emphasized stupidity and ignorace. I don't dress up because it promotes superficiality. So what do lonely people like us do when the parties are drab and the movies suck? We all come here. Well, I also read comics.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • F •
Attolia - Why, welcome to the boards ! You know with me, I don't mind dressing up a bit for a cocktail party or something, but I get so into philosophical discussions..like this weekend I went to a party and got into two crazy conversations about the philosopher and the literate, and then about the existence of the Universe and its impact on society because of the random perspectives.. I tend to forget who I'm talking to, I think mostly because I'm a bit tipsy - so usually I don't even realize that the guy I'm talking to is starting to become attracted to me and starts hitting on me instead, haha good thing I've got friends to save the night! That and if I'm dating a guy, he usually won't mind because he knows the poor guy doesn't realize I'm not interested in him but his mindless rambling about existence..

So me and parties don't mix well, although it is quite fascinating the philosophies people share when they're drunk..especially those engineers that crave to give up their formulas and be more creative, aesthetic and humanitarian..hehe. Ah well.

35yrs • M •
Well, I am quite unique. If u ever meet me, withought knowing who I am, u'll immediatly think I am one who only knows how to have fun, how beat th crap outta someone etc, u'll think Im one of those high school kids who only know ho to be popular etc, u know like some dumb blonde(no offence). I mean I don't study etc, so me as a philosophical person would be the last thing on any ones mind! Even my parents don't know the real me! U guyz are the only ones!

U know, this double sided personality actually helps me, because my 'fun' side allows me to relax. Yes we should question everything. Attolia, yes you should question why girls dress up etc, but not all the time. I mean, imagine ur having sex, and ur thinking about the miracle of the sperm!

36yrs • F •
Angel, what do you do that doesn't give the real impression of you? I realized I was an intellectual when I would constantly question everything in my classes or whatever my parents said. I could hardly accept anything without questioning it. Sometimes, I stop doing what I'm doing (like having fun at parties) because I questioned it. Other times, I ignore my questions and fall prey to my impulses (I never question whether to eat ice-cream or not.)

If I were in your high school, I would be disappointed if I never met you. I never met a girl who was like me in high school and had a tough time connecting with others. The only way I could connect with them was by caring about who they were and not what they were interested in. I had friends, but never anyone like the people in this site. So I passed high school feeling intellectually superior to everyone else. Yes, that may account for my bloated ego.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Funny, how in a closed envionment one can feel so remarkably gifted, and yet once I stepped out into the big wide world, I turned quite around, and felt like an imbecile. Hmm, wonder if I spelled that right. Anyways, point being, just because you're not around people who are intellectially equal or superiour to you, does not mean they don't exsist. I guess i got lucky Attolia. If it wern't for two or three people in my school and sites like this, I'd feel like a genius. Glad I got saved from that.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 36yrs • F •
Well, I certainly felt different. I would not care about clothes, jewelry, boys, parties, and all that in high school and I couldn't find anyone else like me, so I was pretty lonely, intellectually speaking.

I never felt like a genius. I always saw my grades as an intelligence test. The day I got anything lower than a 100 (plus extra credit), I'd attribute it to my low I.Q. The absolute worst was when I took the SATs and got a grade I thought was miserable- I was depressed the entire weekend. It took me weeks to get over that.

Now, I am SOOOOOO ridiculously happy to meet awesome thinkers like you. I mean, where have you been all my life? Now, if I can only personally meet a female thinker my age, that would be great. We could have intellectual parties and philosophical sleepovers!

38yrs • F •
The indefinite pondering of the Universe and its vibrations couldn't be completed in one lifetime..

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not even ten or a hundred lifetimes...

anyone ever get mad at themselves, and then get mad for being mad? its sort of on the same lines as deep thought... it turns in to an endless cycle... hurts my brain.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Too much deep thought.
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy