Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scientific Proof of the Bible vs Theories - Page 2

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Spirit must be the force. I believe that - what I don't know is. Is Spirit a creation of God, a part of God, or God? Who really knows? Do we have to understand everything before we believe it?

-----------------------------------------

Science has proven that there really is a bible, so all non-believers can stop speculating.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Do we have to understand everything before we believe it?"

No.

Even in chosen religions it ultimately comes down to knowing you can't know.

I think the important distinction is between believing and knowing.

I believe anything is possible. I believe I know nothing for certain.

Past that, there are good and helpful things, traditions, that people can use as guides in life. Knowledge and information passed down from people who have found ways to make life more pleasant, efficient, what have you. Like looking at what you have to be thankful for, and giving. And just being nice and understanding towards eachother.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Past that, there are good and helpful things, traditions, that people can use as guides in life. Knowledge and information passed down from people who have found ways to make life more pleasant, efficient, what have you. Like looking at what you have to be thankful for, and giving. And just being nice and understanding towards eachother.
Something I can agree with you on [the significance of the bear story] If GOD wants somebody dead, He would kill them, He doesn't need me to do so nor do I feel the need to do such things.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
Good point.

I mean really - If God wanted everyone in a villiage dead. He wouldn't have to ask the villiage next to it to declare war and kill them, he could it do himself.

72yrs • M •
Refraction:the bending of light when it passes from one medium to another. Refraction occurs because waves travel at different velocities in different media.
Example: a straw in a glass of water. I did this as an experiment useing a household 2 cup measure. Using the spout to maintain alignment.
I looked at the bent straw from all angles & noted observations. Questioned the source & aparent direction so I repeated experiment in closet with sealed beam lantern.
Conclusion: I noted the apparent bend in straw was always toward the surface of the container & independent of location of source.
quote:
Revelation 21:23

I noted the apparent ghost image; faint image at obtuse angle when the light source was near the handle. Assuming image is related to light projected by the glass handle.
Eye level at or near the bottom of cup produced a reflected image of the straw. The straw appeared to stop at the interface [surface] of water & reflected back.
quote:
Years ago, I was swimming under the waters at a friends house. His children sat along the edge of the pool soaking their legs & feet in the water. In the bright sunlight the surface appeared as a mirror beyond which I could not see. Now, I know that these were not bodiless legs which were in the waters below & that beyond in the waters above was the rest of their bodies.

Does this help you to understand the nature of the passage " divided the waters into the waters above & the waters below".
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=21-u-thrdid=33559-u-page=0

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Conclusion: I noted the apparent bend in straw was always toward the surface of the container & independent of location of source.
At first I had assumed that the surface discussed in the theory of refraction was the interface between water & air. Then I considered if the water was in a state of equalibrium, it would still be a chaos at the moleculer level. So how would it reproduce such a persistant image? Which meant the surface in contact was the straw and the 2 mediums are the liquids: air & water.
quote:
The straw appeared to stop at the interface [surface] of water & reflected back.
At a point the upper portion diappearred, a reflection of the portion below the surface was reflected on the interface [barrier, boundary] yet the apparent location remained the same. So the fish below the water appears to be one place but where it is, is another?
Consider: the bending of polarized light has similar aspects to the phenomenon. In this case, the cause of rotation is known to be at the molecular level has a particular rotation in our view yet does not rotate corresponding to our view? We give orientation to the samples but the rotation is not directly related to the samples orientation in our space?
quote:
The Spirit must be the force. I believe that - what I don't know is. Is Spirit a creation of God, a part of God, or God? Hanblecheya
Crying for a Dream 1Cor.14:39
Fools Crow
Wisdom & Power. Chapter 2 Little Hollow Bones Pg30 (1Cor. 2:14)
quote:
We [Black Elk & Fools Crow] talked about this several times. We agree that the Higher Powers had taught us the same thing. We are just holes. But as I use little hollow bones in curing, I have decided that it is better to think of Medicine People as little hollow bones".

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 39yrs • M •
LambOfGod1215 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
have we completely forgotten that if Adam and Eve did truly exist, they would have created life by incest. If the two original beings of God were incestruous, our chances of survival would be next to nothing with out serious disabilities like mental retardation?

another thing.
[quote]Deuteronomy [5:8-10]
you shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

first, jealous is a imperfect and therefore HUMAN quality, and last i checked we were created in the image of Him, rather than the other way around.
and second, does this mean if my parents loved Him, but i hate Him, that i am automatically redeemed because of my parents love?

"If God is a perfect being, then to prove god wrong is to prove existance itself wrong, for if we have no certain truth in our creator, then what proves we exist?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Terrible thread.. we cant really choose becasue both links are biased backing each other up.. why is what someone said in a story supireor in truth than a scientific theory????<<<. , becasue your attached to t its attrcative to you?? theres better sceintific evidence against the truth of the bible than there is for it.. just the other day i heard a christian on the radio who is a historian saying that Jesus probably did not exist and e wriote a whole book about his research which coincluded that (and that was not his intention, he covered that during his reserrarch), ill try to find reffernce to that book as soon as possible.. why would a chrsitain bible be more true than all the other religions.. just becaue the christian bible has a few percantage more people who adhere to it

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
have we completely forgotten that if Adam and Eve did truly exist, they would have created life by incest. If the two original beings of God were incestruous, our chances of survival would be next to nothing with out serious disabilities like mental retardation?

There would have been other people present on earth at that time. If you remember that when Cain killed able he was afraid of wandering the earth because people who found him would kill him. How could two people produce enough children to populate even unknown areas of land?

quote:
first, jealous is a imperfect and therefore HUMAN quality,

Jealousy is not imperfect it is wanting another to desire you the way you desire them.

quote:
does this mean if my parents loved Him, but i hate Him, that i am automatically redeemed because of my parents love?

Not at all. He will love you but that is not the same as redeeming you.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to be completely honest i have not read this thread.

i was just wandering if you have discussed the line in the bible

"and then there was light"

because, to me, this is directly coorilated with the big bang.
what if the only thing that god did was make matter. and h fell as backwards into humanity, and now hes taking all the credit when it was actually all a mistake.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
because, to me, this is directly coorilated with the big bang.

The line existed before the big bang theory did you consider that maybe they borrowed the idea?

39yrs • M •
How is science humble? Science just tries to be better than God. And in spite of what you may think there are many scientists who don't believe in evolution as a creation method.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know where you came up with science just trying to be better than god(assuming there is a god), but i think it is difficult to deny the successful manipulations of the natural world which science has made possible,it has produced results, whereas superstition or mere tradition have little to show in comparison.
furthermore science has been a great advance in the ways we aquire knowledge.in the past it was accepting as true the views of the churches teachings, a pathetic and stubborn way.with science and philosophy there is the need to make detailed observations and tests before making such claims.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 64yrs • M •
There are some scientists who even believe in God.

In an abstract way, I would compare science with the tower of babel. The tower of babel wasn't wrong, it was just to early, according to the story.

In the bible we are discribed as miniture gods and we demonstrate this with our science.

As far as pitting science against religion, that's an individual decision that some have decided to persue. It is my opinion that those who have choosen to do this are making a mistake.

The smartest scientist ever known believed in God and his science was to understand this force of creation edging him on to enlightenment.

39yrs • M •
The problem with science lies in its tendency to be its own religion many people believe in science to solve their problems and they worship technology.

Not so long ago it was believed that the aging gene would be found and altered in such a way as to let man live for hundreds of years. Yesterday on the news there was a story about how our life expectancy is now going down not up.

quote:
In an abstract way, I would compare science with the tower of babel. The tower of babel wasn't wrong, it was just to early, according to the story.

The tower of Babel was wrong because instead of doing what God said they ignored Him and made a vast technological monument of their own greatness. God has nothing against towers as such but when the idea of the tower is to show your superiority over God then it becomes evil.

Scientific Proof of the Bible vs Theories - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy