The only thing worse than dying is living in these stagnant times. - Sadistichunger
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Ask BMX thread

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Ask BMX thread

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
[  Edited by bmxbiker16 at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
are the natives feeling safe now? from what you have seen and heard... from them.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How many and how much do they hate us and why?

How do the Sunnis treat the Shiites and vice-versa?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
How many and how much do they hate us and why?
How do the Sunnis treat the Shiites and vice-versa?

Come on Teen, I know you're not that naive.
Any Iraqis talkiing with Americans is going to be honest?
Like they want to get black listed as a terrorist by giving an unfavorable view? Hell, they would be lucky to end up hauled away to some unknown place & detained for some period of time.
when dealing with Americans, Dishonesty is the best policy; just tell them what they want to hear, certainly makes life easier, no sense making trouble for yourself & your family.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
BMX, Decius questions might have appeared to be callous, but I think they were very valid questions. People across the world are informed of what is happening in Iraq by means of the media. We all know that the media can be very tainted.

Anyways, Welcome Home Soldier!

Of your experience in Iraq, do you think that you've accomplished what the Bush administration has set out to do? Right now, this day, are the Iraqis' in a better position than when Saddam was in power? Did you feel safe in Iraq? Will you be deployed again?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Come on Teen, I know you're not that naive.
Any Iraqis talkiing with Americans is going to be honest? "
I've seen pics of Iraqis booing Americans, so yes I think some of them would be honest.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Taking yourself away from the war, what is it like over there?

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What information do you and the troops have and know about civilian casualties in Iraq.

Why does our media look so much different than the media of even our allies or even international branches of our own media. Specifically in downplaying the existance and numbers of civilian casualties.

In searching for some numbers of civilian casualties in Iraq the estimates run as high as ten thousand. Over triple the the casualties of 9/11, our own soldier death is trying to reach that of 9/11.

At what point is the cost too high?

How is it that Saddam was our ally, before and well after gassing people with our help, and now he is just pure evil?

Do you honestly believe there to be a connection between Al-Qaeda and Saddam even though by the same relgious conviction of Osama and his fundametalists that Saddam also is hated, and even though every intelligence agency sought after for a connection said there was none and that the concept doesn't even make sense given the myriad of circumstances like the religious one.

Do you consider it unpatriotic to question Bush and US government policy?

Are you aware that US sanctions on Iraq killed more people than all WMD's in history? And that the majority of deaths was of poor civilians and infants.

Does it strike you as odd that in 2001 Powell and Condy Rice reminded us that we had bombed Iraq back into the stone age over a period of ten years, citing they had no capability to attack us and had no WMD's? Where did all this information get lost or changed?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My question is: Do most American troops there believe we should have gone into Iraq in the first place?...I can understand how a soldier might feel it is a necessary thing now to be there...It's unavoidable now, but what about before?...Especially now since we've discovered there were no weapons of "mass destruction" and that Iraq had no responsibity in connection with the 911 attacks...It seems to me that a soldier will necessarily carry out his duties because that is what he is trained to do, but would he not question silently the legitimacy of the war?...Some will say "well, this Hussein guy was a bad guy, a bully to his people," but is that reason enough to go to war?...If so, what about the thousand or more bullies throughout the world more vicious and ruthless than Hussein?...I could tell you stories about "monsters" in South America, not to mention the maniacs in parts of Africa...Let me stop...The very first sentence, the question, is all I want a response to.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You guys do know we put some of those South American monsters in power too right?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactly. Just as we helped strengthen Al Quiada during the former Soviet Union's occupation of Afghanistan, when we made those "freedom fighters" out to be heroes....I think we had every right to go into Afghanistan to find that nut Bin Laden...I don't feel the same about Iraq.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
The Ask BMX thread
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy