What good is a long life to us if it is hard, joyless and so full of suffering that we can only welcome death as a deliverer? - Forbidden Psalm
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

thoughts

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thoughts
we all think and at all times, but what is the importance of our thougts?
i never put too much thought into everyday life when i was a child, i mainly went off of impulse so to speak. this changed when my father finally drilled into my head that i need to "think before i act". i eventually applied this but it was much later that i THOUGHT a bit more intently about an underlying truth associated to his instruction- Thought is the precursor to action and speech.
Now that this was understood it could be taken into consideration and applied to my daily life. ( i just saw this on the science channel and had to include it... when responding to their environment teen and adult minds differ in function. teens predominantly use the amygdala which is an area of the brain that responds mainly to emotions- anger, fear, etc. adults however, through time, form stronger links and pathways to the frontal lobes which as they stated was an area of the brain that functions mainly in the decision making and planning processes.) so we form habits because we are habit forming.... lol that is to say we respond as a resut of decision, you can not help but decide when a situation calls for it but the younger you are the fewer experiences you have experienced, the fewer decisions you have made, the fewer habits you have formed. therefore we act in accordance with the loudest emotion at the time. when we experience the result of the action it either reaffirms or refutes our decision which will lead us to a template for decision associated to that situation as a result of emotion prior to and after the decision.
since there is a decision to come to there has to be something to decide between. My current thought concerning this is as follows:
We have a "conscience" something connected to a sense of right and wrong that we are born with, just as we are born with the five senses.
We have a "soul" or "spirit" something that is going to- no matter what- desire what is right.
We have the "flesh" something that inherently desires that which is wrong.
both of theses want what they want because the different thoughts exclusively feel right and wrong. so if one likes it more than the other dosen't, that loudest cry will be heard... especially when there is no situational understanding associated to similar experiences prior to the present. that is to say when you don't know that the fire will burn your hand the desire to touch the beautiful flame blinds you to the knowledge of inevitable pain assocated to increasing heat as you near it; however, once action is complete the knowledge acquired changes your WANT and DESIRE.
This is as it seems to be- to me. and i try to think about all of this with a "CHILD-LIKE" mentality. when you apply that to the above analogy it seems like a wrong course of action since i learned to act or think a certain way as a result of prior experience during childhood. this still applies but i saw myself doing so many things out of habit that i didn't necessarily WANT.
last comment... just as it feels wrong to lie at first and it is difficult to do, the desire to avoid consequence screamed the loudest so i lied. it felt wrong and i had that quiet voice telling me not to, but avoiding trouble appeared to be better than facing the consequences. that little voice, however, didn't agree with the decision that lead me to the situation i am now lying about. So when you make the wrong decision it either continues untill consequence allows that decision to be listened to no further and the right eventually adopted or untill you decide to just listen.
my perspective, right now at least. i appreciate and support all thoughts that these words lead you to, but if you think or feel differently look for the connections between the two, if nothing else consider them for a while.... then let me know what you THINK.

THANKS TO YOU ALL-
I.S.T.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the part you wrote about the body and spirit wanting two seperate things that conflict with eachother is just another example of why we were meant to suffer. This existance must have been created by a sick sadist.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont see how allowing people to be driven by whichever force they so choose lends the creator over to a form of sexual perversion.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
thoughts
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy