Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Stem cell research, favor or opposed,

User Thread
 63yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nugamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your comments please.

"Life, Liberty, & Property Rights."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm all for, some caution may be necessary but not the amount I'm accustomed to hearing. Especially in general stem cells.

As for embryonic, well, its snagged by a very hypocritical and romantic notion. The sanctity of life.

Our government is only willing to kill kids once they can hold guns or are able to fall below the poverty radar, not save peoples lives by giving theirs before even birth. With all the abortions being done by choice, and by rape victims alone we have all the embryo's we could ever need. But they would rather we throw them away untill they manage to outlaw it, which won't end it just make more criminals of mothers (yay morals!).

There is plenty of natural abortion too, but its not currently practical to use miscarried fetus' if even possible.

There is far too much to be gained to let hypocricy, ignorance, and emotions that are not well enough examined to be allowed to rule against it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Embryos have no feeling, no thought, they are plants not conscious beings. They are grown, they are not yet born (neither literally nor figuratively).

I have no qualms about killing a plant in exchange for life. The potential benefits are enourmous, it could help people have longer productive lives, as opposed to long lives, the last years of which they spend as vegetables.

Besides, if we scare off the scientists with anti-stem religious laws. Well, quite simply, all the jobs/research will go to the Far East and Europe.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
Right, it does nothing to stop it, just makes it have to be more unsafe, underfunded and generally held back, just another way to criminalize on the basis of religious moral values.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heh, one of the easiest questions on this whole website for me... im in a wheelchair, and im for stem cell research. nuff said

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
Wow, I didn't know that

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya learn somethin new every day the pictures of me that i posted gave it away i thought... oh well

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
I thought you were just posing weird, ya know to suit yer personality

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy