We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Split Brain Experiments:

User Thread
 2024yrs • F •
egoname is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Split Brain Experiments:
Here are the experiments that I was talking about in the 'Consciousness is just the tip of the iceberg' thread. It's scary, its mind blowing. Read it. Understand it. It's important.
http://www.macalester.edu/~psych/whathap/UBNRP/Split_Brain/Pioneers.html

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, heard about it on t.v too.
Interesting. This would thus mean that 'I' am infact not my brain, because how can I be 'two'.
It could also mean that we may do things tha we may not be aware of, and think it was our choice! Can kinda support the life is pre determined thing.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Without having read the site posted yet, and just from the posts here, it already seems to play into the very nature of the existance of any reality, to sides different yet connected as well as essential for function and possibly existance of self as we understand it.

Like good and bad, god and the devil, and the notion that one cannot truly exist or be seen without the other.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't ready it yet either but I will check it out when I have more time. It's Thanksgiving in Canada don't ya know...

But the "split brain" reminded me of a guy I used to know... his brain's left and right hemisphere were not linked in any way. I can't remember what that's called but there is a name for it and it's extremely rare. He, needless to say, was an extremely unique individual. Either totally logical or totally creative, interesting.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
[  Edited by thoughtmanifest at   ]
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've heard of that, fairly recently, but ya, have no idea what its called, besides crazy

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I did read it... well, I sort of scanned it, and have heard of this before and also have been aware of the differences of state of mind/abiltiy.... in me.
Anybody here ever research nootropics?

Split Brain Experiments:
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy