Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Holocaust

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
saiiasu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Holocaust
I was just wondering. What do you think are the chances of there being another Holocaust? If you do think there will be, what country do you think most likely to cause it? I myself think it's very unlikely, but if it could happen once, it could happen again.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But what is a holocaust? Hitler killed 6 millions jews, there's about 10-12 million left. If holocaust is "attempted genocide with phenomenal amounts of dead" then it happens all the time :
- Somalia in the 90s
- Bosnia in the 90s with 200000 dead, 2 million refugees
- Rwanda in the 70s almost a million dead Tutsis, 2 million refugees
- potentially in the Sudan today 50000 dead and counting
- the colonization of the Americas, effectively wiping out 99% of Indians in the Carribean and America north of Mexico
- East timor under Suharto (or is it Sukarno..)

Anyway, so yes, I think it has happened and will happen again. Perhaps not quite 6 million like the holocaust, but easily hundreds of thousands of dead going up to 1 million or more for the worst cases. It will no doubt happen in African, South East Asian, Middle Eastern or even Caucasian countries.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
Lovin Hippy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
THere are people out there that say the Holocaust never happened.

"\\\" It isn\\\'t the state who oppress us, it is the peopel in the state who do\\\""
Holocaust
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy