Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Where were you?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Where were you?
in school you may have been asked to do some sort of assigment relating to where you or other family members were during a "major" event in history. i know today is almost over, but i am in a sharing mood and im also interested in what every one else was doing on 9/11/01.

they say that moments that impact you the most feel like they happend "just yesterday" and 9/11 is definately one of those days for me. i woke up at 6:00am as was my usual routine. then, frantically composed myself for school (it was my senior year). i caught up on some reading on the bus and then headed for the computer lab to finish an english assigment (i had first hour off that term). for whatever reason, at one point i looked up and behind my shoulder and noticed several tvs on in the library. i saw several teachers staring intently at them but didnt think to much of it and went back to doing my work. a few minutes later my former spanish teacher tapped me on the shoulder and quietely said "do you know whats happening?" "no" i responded. i think she just pointed to the tv and gave me a very concerned look, so i rushed over and saw the towers.

the rest of the day is very much a blur but i do remember that the teachers all looked just as terrified as the students... and none of our regular school work was done. we all basically sat in each classroom watching the television in horror.

less than one week later i went to las vegas with my family... we felt it was neccissary to stick with our plans and it was pretty much a big "fuck you" to the terrorists, in my mind at the time. strangely enough, i just got back from las vegas yesterday as well.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was here at home getting my kids ready to go to school when my husband called and said that someone had just hit the towers. I automatically turned off the kids' cartoons to see what was going on. I remember thinking that I had family very close to where all of the plains had gone down at and waited for phone calls saying if everyone was alright or not. Everyone was thankfully!

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At my old school we had a TV in every classroom, and a lady came into my math class and told my teacher something he turned on the news and we saw the plane hitting the second tower. It was a completly indescribable feeling... confusion mixed with fear mixed with countless other emotions.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was at school, didn't even know about it until my dad told me about it on the way home. We're in France so that figures.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Having dinner with friends when one of them received a call to report something "bad" had happened in NYC.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BSR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was in South America on deployment.

Where were you?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy