Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Which sense?

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Which sense?
Those of you who are blessed with all five senses (sight, hearing, touch, sound, taste), if you were to lose one of your five senses, which one would you hate to lose the most?

If any of you are without, or have experienced being without one of those senses, could you share some insight into your experiences?

I don't think I could bear loosing my sight. My eyes allow me to see and feel so much. I am a traveller, and my passion in life is to see all the beauty and wonders of this earth. With my eyes I search, I learn, I explore, I discover. My eyes connect me to my world.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree, sight would be the worst to go without. its the one i value most, and often the one i take for granted the most.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hearing. I couldn't bear to never know the sound of song or just simple things like that lawnmower in the distance.

Remember smell, too.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a tough question- My first thought was sight- it is so important in daily life it would be hard to get by without. HEaring would be a real blow as well- I love music as I am sure all of you do a s well, I would definetly keep my sight over hearing but touch? Could we live without that- I was thinking of the bizare exsistance it would be with no tactile input- you would have no idea if had just sat on a pile of rusty nails or not- imagine if you could feel nothing at all i doubt you could live for long at all...
But maybe lossing the sense of smell would be the most appealing- those unpleasant outhouses and public restrooms could now be your own personal meccas. Of course taste would go out the window with that - as smell plays a large part of taste.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For me it would have to be my sight or my hearing. I don't think I could continue to live if I couldn't see or hear my children as they grow.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 35yrs • F •
ConciaChaChaCha is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't know. That's a hard question. I would hate it if I lost my sight, because when your deaf you can still sign and get around. Losing touch, I guess that wouldn't be that bad, but I wouldn't like that either.Smelling, that goes with tasting doesn't it? Well I love chocolate, I can't survive with out it's tastiness lol. I can't really say since I've never experienced what it was like with out any. But all would be horrible. Sight and hearing are my top two worries. I love music though...ugh I don't know lol.

"Your the thrills for my wings, I'm flying for you"
Which sense?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy