Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. - Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

abortion

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
sir weatherhead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
abortion
i was wondering what everyone's opinion on abortion was

"those who have the most to gain have the greatest desire to deceive, those who have the least to gain, and who want nothing--like the saints--can love perfectly, and that love is not an illusion"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't think an embryo becomes a person until it has developed a central nervous system, or the ability to feel pleasure or pain. therefore i am pro choice during the first trimester, and that's it. but i don't think it should be used as a method of birth control.

"You are reading this."
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree that it should never be used as a method of birth control. For myself I could never have an abortion but I also feel that there are reasons out there that a woman would choose to have one. That's her choice!

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it is a crime when we teach our children abstanance and then criminalize them when they seek out an abortion. Because that's the way it goes down most of the time. If we would teach them about birth control and made it available, abortions would be less often. Kids will be kids, that's why they are kids. Should they act like an adult because we ask them to, well now, that's a plus. We should not be surprised when they don't act like an adult. A better safety net in place would be birth control rather than abortion.

I've known a few woman who have had an abortion in their younger years. It is usually in the silence of night they wisper the story to you, ashamed that anyone should hear.

It is natural for a woman to want to be a mother, it is part of her nature, she doesn't give that up easily. When she has decided to have an abortion, she has carefully wieghed out the options. It is her choice, and she does not make lightly.

If it is murder, than so is abstanance. A child could have been born if two people would have made love. But we know that is not murder, and neither is abortion, It is correcting a mistake.

If only every child born in this world could only be wanted, with a place of love prepared for them, this is right, and unfortunately abortion happens.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right on OCK.

I think it could depend on the typer of person you are, as there are many types. Two types I am thinking of now is if you are one who believes that life is driven by chemicals and response to our only basic needs, then Abortion would mean nothing. Life has no meaning, so why not destroy the upcoming one. If you believe Sex is something we respond to to have children, then you would not care for an abortion.

But I, as the other type, believe that life is a sacred wonderful thing. Sex is meant to express love and have a child. Sex is MEANT to bring children into existence, and when you kill the embryo that you caused to come into existence, then you are destroying what sex kinda is about.
Also, I believe that because of what sex does- that is the bringing to life of another human- that the embryo that is growing was alive the moment it got fertalized. Always having an opportunity to become living, it should be comsidered alive. The potential of a living human to be destroyed, to me, is just as bad as destroying a human being.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Amen to that. I tell you what, I would vote you as like a governor over my state or something.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 36yrs • M •
Bobfish is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Wraith,its Jim. On subject, your point is very good. But Im still pro-choice. Recently I read a rather disturbing article in Rolling Stones. It was about a man who basically terrorized employees of an abortion clinic,sending letters telling them to stop, and sending letters to their neighbors saying they are not to be trusted. He claimed to be an avid Christian, but Im pretty sure they dont condone terrorism.

"Communism was such a good idea,on paper"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
humans are doomed through their own stupidity

I'm wondering about that because it is now speculated that we should be entering into another ice age, but because of the (green house effect) we've created, we might be preventing our own demise. That's another subject that doesn't belong here, but it makes you wonder. Maybe we are apart of nature, and in all the chaos we live in we are unable to see the higher plan.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am pro choice, mostly because i am not a woman and thus have no idea what bearing a child is like or would be like so, i leave it up to them to decide... perhaps that is a weak way out of the subject, but thats really how i feel.

i think if i was a woman i would be pro life however, because i hate the thought of killing my own species, however "unintelligent" the stat of that being may be at the time, it makes no difference to me, a life is a life the instant that sperm breaks through the egg, and abortion is nothing but the murder of another being... but again, i am pro choice.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
She made her choice when she dropped her pants.

What about those situations where, yes willingly dropped your pants then you find out that she and/or the baby can die? I know a woman who had the option to have an abortion and a full hysterectomy after finding out that she was pregnant and she and the baby both didn't have a very likely chance of surviving. Thankfully she choose to take her chances and had the baby along with two more after that or else I wouldn't have my three of my younger sisters. But my point is that there are times when the woman has the option of abortion when there is a medical reason for doing so. Had my mother choosen to have that abortion and hysterectomy I would not look any differently on her for having done so. I would think that yes she had the chance to have another child but choose to not have that child to ensure that her 3 oldest children grew up with a mother.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can tell that this is a subject that will get lots of attention and is a touchy one at that. I am pro life. I have several children that I love and would never give up. I had my first child when I was very very young and I had the choice of abortion, adoption or raising the baby by myself. I had no support from friends, family or the sperm donor. I chose to raise the baby by myself and have never regretted any of it.

I agree with ok about a girl making the choice when she drops her pants. I believe in birthcontrol and I know kids will be kids but I also feel that teaching your children to save themselves for marriage is a sacred thing.

Now days having sex will not only get a girl pregnant but you run the risk of getting std's or even AIDS. Sex can kill you now days. It was not that way the first time I had sex and in fact it was not all it was cracked up to be. I know that most young girls want thier first time to be wonderful and everything but it usually isn't.

I just think that abortion is wrong and should be outlawed everywhere. There are enough loving and caring people out there that want children that can not have them that would take a child. I have several I have taken in and would/will continue to do so.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe abortion is should be legal. Now, if the person was raped or they might die from the baby, that's another story, but any woman who thinks killing the innocent life inside of her is HER choice, needs to have each finger nail pulled out slowly, then the toenails, then covered with honey and thrown into a fire ant nest and left to suffer a slow, painful death.

Same for any man who belives the same

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
I agree with ok about a girl making the choice when she drops her pants.

I don't know how or why I have been miss quoted. Maybe I need to make my stand a little clearer.

I am pro choice, anti government control and believe that the community must take responsibility. Pro choice does not mean pro abortion. Just because you go to war doesn't always mean you believe in it. Sometimes its what we think we have to do. I think we're all doing our best. We don't always do our best in prison.

Roger

abortion
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy