Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Rules Of Life??????

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gothabomber is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Rules Of Life??????
Going on about rules, rules of life, rules of nature, rules of science till you can name no more. What are the consequences and are they truly that disasterouse. Some of the greatest things in life have come out of breaking certain rules, well be it that many of these were man made rules. So if rules are to preserve order, whats to say that order was against the rules, what are the rules that preserve chaos, "rule no1: there are no rules " and blah blah blah. This cant be it. Is there only good in order, law and rules... can there be no fruits to reap out of chaos, unrulieness and disorder ,with out being called a know nothing anarchist, is there truly only good and evil, is there no middle ground and why on earth are we condeming those who choose other paths besides that of good. Looking at the past ( with out being thought of as an empericist) the "good path" has not always been the one which bears the most fruit or good. Is there really no space in thsi world for the alternative outlooks on morales and ethics.

"everything but never anything"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the majority always attempts to force its "rules" upon the minority in the world. almost in a bully type fashion. if youre not in the majority about everything, your life becomes more difficult, and no one really likes living life difficultly... "the path of least resistance" isnt that the saying? welll anyway, sometimes the minority becomes the majority and they become the bully, almost unknowingly.

"rules exsist only in ones mind"

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Rules are the only reason some of us aint dead .
look at Hati people were going around killing and looting
rules make sense when they stop someone from kicking my door down and raping my sister.

you need to get up from your computer and realise that people
are heartless bastards , look at sudan they wipe out 1million people because they are not arabs were is the damm U.N Suking Its world peace pacifer (world peace my ass)

With out rules!!!! are you crazy.

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 37yrs • M •
I wouldnt say crazy. I would never dream of a world without rules i couldnt cuase there are rules that cannot be broken and so on and all that rightouse crap. But ios there only order and chaos? Is there no middle ground. Rules do stop others from harming us(well most of the time), ill neve deny that but there must some where were order and chaos dont apply and something else takes over, maybe order is its self the middle ground some thing which has both parts of chaos and some other greater, completely peacefull existence. There is not much choice for those who wish not to follow the rules though, exept prison. I like that saying "rules exsist only in ones mind". It gives a more individual snese if you will lol

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
life is something that you give up ,you dont own it (were all going to die) but you got to realize that other people who want to enjoy the little breath that they have, need to feel safe
and suck as long as possible. we cant just let our selves go

but i understand, ever man must be free to do what the want
NO MAN OR GOVERNMENT MUST STOP HIM FROM PURSUING HAPPINESS

so i'm with you on that.

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why is it that insane people can be let off murdering people, while when a smart peron murders someone he does to jail..... The smart person should be let off the hook!!!

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 37yrs • M •
why do u think that, insane people dont get off wid it they get locked up aswell just not in prison

besides if someone truly is smart they will know not to commit the crime or know how to get away wid it

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think these rules of life can not be explained. I actually think this is the meaning of life, to find these rules and to understand why some things are just wrong. Life is where we forget everything except what is going on in life and live through that experience and train our hearts for these rules.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 49yrs • M •
BrightFire is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't know if this will help anybody out, but an author by the name of Itzhak Bentov helped me out, with his book, "Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Conciousness". I dare say that this man may have come closer to the truth than even he realized...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Things balance out automaticly.. all sides label it "good" or "evil" depending on your current postion.. its all part of everything

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Rules are made for us, we are not made for rules. This is how Jesus tried to explain it to the pharasees.

Sometimes it is best to break a rule. There will be consequences. I hope that you never have to stand against those consequences alone, but have a mother, father, friend, brother, sister, wife or husband there to stand with you in your defense.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
If you believe in jesus then you believe in hell right, or else any1 can change these relions to how they want ("well i dint believe this part of it is true" anyway so if you beleive that when you break a "rule" something condidered bad as it effects someone negativly (which probly somehow helps sometings else anyway) anyway... that youl get a consequence! either own emotions and or a reaction (if not in rare case ull keep oin till you do) so anyway my point is how n why would there be a hell if you get consequences in life? doesnt make sense... n you kill somebod you get sent to hell for sending him/her whatever to heaven? thats stoopid.. i guess humans just create concept of hell and can use it to react inflict somebody ("your going to hell" = reation to (another way to) stabalize things by giving consequences by effecting ones emotions... we do what we feels right as humnas and with or without religion cand o bad.. but consequences no? so does hell really seem logical to you? please explain to me

40yrs • M •
(i didnt mean to put face in poast)

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you wanted to ask about hell, that's easy, there isn't one. Sometimes I wish there was, because there are some people I wish would go there. But then - to think (eternity) in hell. How could you possibly do anything so bad on earth to deserve that?

Anyways - yes I believe in Jesus. Jesus speaks of hell, my theory is that hell did not have the same meaning as it does today. Long ago before we were all scientists we were all poets and understood the meaning of hell. But now that we're all scientists we take things literal. That being said, should anyone disagree with me then I ask, "have you cut off your right hand? You should, because Jesus tells you to, because it is better to loose your hand then to go to hell."

I believe in cause and effect and have witnessed it in other peoples lives and even in my own. Knowing this, we can avoid destruction by altering our path. A real good example was when people were coming to Ghandi after all the fighting stopped asking advice and blessing. One man wouldn't even look at Ghandi. He said he was going to hell and there was not salvation for him. Gahndi told him nonsence, what could have you possible done to deserve such punishement. The man told Ghandi how he had crushed his enemies first born child out of anger and rage. Gahndi told him to look for an orphan from his enemies religion and raise the child up in his enemies religious traditions and he will be forgiven.

I can tell you that if you hate someone it will kill you. I hated someone so bad that I couldn't eat or sleep. So the protestant layleader aboard my first ship told me that the bible teaches that you should pray for your enemie. I did, the hate dissapeared and I was able to eat and sleep and enjoy life again.

These are laws created for us and they are flexible.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Everything in life passes, the bad moments pass, the good ones too

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
Rules Of Life??????
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy