We end up taking a one-way flight to a deserted island we've created for ourselves and in our minds. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A whole different kind of film

User Thread
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just finished watching a German film called "Lola Rennt" or "Run Lola, Run" (in English). The film was made in 1998 and is available on DVD. The reason I'm bringing it up is that it was a total revelation to me. A beautifully paced, acted and filmed movie with a whole different look and feel. I know some of you might be turned off by the fact it is in German (with English or French subtitles), but being only 80 minutes long, get it, watch it, watch it again, then watch it with the director's commentary turned on (he speaks English - along with the female lead). It is fast paced, and you won't realized that you just whizzed through 80 minutes.
I really think this film is a style that will appeal to younger persons especially and it is probably a precursor of what is to come (hopefully). Don't miss the opportunity to see what I see as the start of a revolution.
For those that have seen it, I'd like to know how you feel about this film. I haven't been so moved by 'media' in a long, long time. And although the film is sooooooo German, it is a story that we can all understand. Great film, truly great.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy