Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Dennis Diedrot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Brave or stupid?

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Brave or stupid?
At what point do someones actions go from being stupid to brave?

Does the end result to their actions decide to which one?

Example, a car crash...Someone runs up to a burning car to help someone, there is pretty much no doubt that the car will explode, the person inside is prolly dead but the person goes anyways. Car explodes and the person escapes with bad burns but is alive.

Was he brave or was he stupid?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
brave for the person, stoopuid for himself... it all depends on perspectrive which can chanfge in peoples minds depending on which side they dont feel is adressed!.. How bout this one something like ColUmbine for example, the president said "COWARDLY" act.. i think thats just public saying thaT to be supireor to what they did, since its such a tradejy im and ev1 else is forced to say the were stoopid and cowrdly, or else theyl get into trouble.. but for the defenition of brave, as much as i dont like death it was still a BRAVE thing to do.. they knew all the consequences and "nervracking" pressures from everyone else as they even wrote down.. but i have to polay my role by calling them cowards right..
also war can be looked at the same as american soldiers cowards, buyt since they are the hiogher power and they are attacking people who in general people dont give a shit about.. they are called hero's.. fuck that i hjave to adres the other siade but i guess no one will want to agree for obvious reason.. ppl care for own

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
good question , what action demonstrates bravery? I say this as the words of some song entered my thoughts: to be far better than you are; to to strife with your last ounce of courage . . . in the scenero given it was courageous not so much of conscious thought but in taking action, perhaps not thinking of self. Then again as stated to stay or to take a stand knowing that you will suffer conseqences is an act of bavery too.
Brave or stupid may be more relative to the current preception rather than an intrinsic value?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it depends on why your doing it, if your risking your neck for something you believe in, then thats brave. If you risk your neck for no good reason then thats stupid, obviously. The people on the show "Jackass" hurt themselves a lot, but they're stupid, not brave.

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya you are right about that when I was younger I climbed on to the superstructure of the SkyWay bridge (after damaged by accident) to photograph the rising sun. Standing on an I-beam with the wind picking up as the sun rose was foolish indeed but the photograph seemed to make it worth it. Iguess at the time I felt you had to be willing to put it all on the line like the photojournalist going into war torn areas . . . stupid, huh?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Brave or stupid?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy