The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

End the war on drugs now!!!!!!

User Thread
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The war on drugs officially started back in the 1930's. Nixon created the DEA. Reagan with his "Just say no" slogan, massed an all out assault against recreational drug use.

Here's my question: Is there anyone who still thinks that spending more money, on top of the billions we've spent already, is a viable solution to the drug 'problem'? If so, when do you think the war will end? When can we the taxpayers expect to stop paying for this war? (I guess I could say the same about Iraq)

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its one of these ineffective solutions to a problem. Its kinda like bombing Vietnam : for each 10$ we spend, we do 1$ of damage.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MrPink is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we spend all of this money on "the war against drugs" but in turn it brings more money back to the govorment think of all of the minor fines that they get people with everyday i'm sure they make more on the fines than they do in fighting the war they wouldnt be doing it if it didnt benfit the govorment. and tell me what do they do to stop drugs? not much , pass out flyers and shit like that when i was a kid it enticed me more to do drugs. they publicize it more than anything its like one big advertisment they need to try to just shut up and not mention drugs at all what you dont know cant hurt ya

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, but there are also all those men that go into South America and Africa to combat the drug lords.

I personally am the type of person that thinks that if someone wants to do drugs, then let them. But there would have to be limits, but atleast it would stop this whole war on drugs.

I personally think that this war if going no where because I have yet to hear of any new developments. I would really like to see someone post a current article on this.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are no new developments. The war continues, and that is the problem.

We have seen a small number of politicians who have the balls to declare the war a loss cause, but they alone do not have the power to end it.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remember Reagon's war on drugs. The government could seeze all of your property if they found a pot plant growing on it. Lots of people lost their homes and businesses.

I've seen the other side of the fence. A young girl gets shot running off her porch to catch the ice cream truck. A mother cries bitterly saying she told her kids never to leave the porch. She just got caught in the crossfire between two rival gangs. Gang members made more money then police selling crack. It sells cheap and it was highly addictive. This happened in LA, 1990.

So - lets go find people who are growing pot and take their property.

Common sense boarded the train and left America long ago.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remember my mother's father coming to stay with us.
He was from one of those dry counties in Alabama, I am reminded how as I walked into the kitchen, he was going into the refrigerator. He hadn't seen me as snook the can of beer out but it seemed strange thing to do so I followed him out to the garage. I watched as he topped the top & downed the can, I was a little shocked by his actions & was still standing at the door when he turned around.
Later I asked my parents about it, they told me about as alcohol was illegal, this was the only way he knew to have a drink. Funny to watch him when they would try to get him to sit down & have a drink with them. He would get as nervous as a wet hen.
Strange isn't it that he never did get to the point of feeling comfortable just having a drink. I can see how the attitude could cause alcoholism?
I don't think simply deneining people somethings is the way to deal with all problems. Some things people have to terms with themselves.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy