Hence 'banished' is banished from the world. And the world's exile is death. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Kerry Bad For America - Page 2

User Thread
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ANY candidate, right, left or center is bad for America. ANY candidate, right, left or center is bad for the rest of the world.
That said, now we have to pick the 'lesser' of the evils.
Name one president that actually improved the world.
Lincoln is the only one I can think of. Pretty bad average. Progress will come irrespective of the person in office (look at the progress made in Germany during Hitler's tenure). Progress is a poor measuring stick of improvement. Which president actually improved man-kind's lot? Boy, we can really pick 'em.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Washington, Roosevelt, Wilson, Bush, many more.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Which Roosevelt, Teddy? I suppose I should concede the national park system is a benefit. But my new rose bush does more for humanity and the world than both of the Bush presidents put together. Wilson? What good. Didn't kill too many war protestors? Couldn't get us into the League of Nations? The only good George Washington did for humanity was give advice that wasn't heeded - read 2nd farewell address. Unfortunately, successive administrations do not try to undo the damage done by the previous administrations, only to compound them. You can't turn back the hands of time, but you can turn the other cheek - say I'm sorry - and really not do it again. We don't dare - we haven't had a president with balls enough to say he was wrong - "Your president is not a crook", "I never had sexual intercourse with that woman", "Saddam is al quaida's biggest supporter and he has WMDs!" Pure-d Bullshit.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 53yrs • M •
KerryGoHome is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[The three items by reference were refuting the statement that no President has ever gotten rid of a surplus like Bush.]

Did I miss the refutiation? Did we not have a surplus in early 2001? Did that surplus disappear before 9/11? Yes or no.

By the way, I found the 139 million figure that you stated earlier. This counts seasonal and part-time workers. My numbers were full-time employees.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So does the 139 million. Face the facts. Companies are trimming down and outsourcing jobs instead of hiring all the people back. Jobs figures (2.3 million jobs lost) are based on corporate payrolls. They do not include the employed people under contract. Small business's are thriving. They are the beneficiaries of the outsourcing. As for naming a President who "actually inproved man-kind's lot". As any Kuwaiti if there lot is better or worse because of Bush senior. Ask any Frenchmen if there lot is any better because of Wilson (the great war) or Roosevelt (WWII). Ask any American if we are better off as a Unites States or as a British territory. Many Presidents improved man-kinds lot. Will not 4 billion in aids research improve mankinds lot?

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
WWII was the was justifiable war in which we fought. But note that we were making money by staying out it & supplying goods to those nations which we were allied too?
War is good for economic prosperity, but hell on humanity.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=17-u-thrdid=23386-u-page=3

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[So does the 139 million.]

Really? According to the Dept. of Labor your 139 million includes seasonal and part-time workers. If you dig into the website, you'll find the stats for full-time workers versus non-full timers.

The economy's doing better, I'll grant you that. It's still got a ways to go though. You still can't seem to accept or admit that this administration let the surplus disappear. You seem to go off subject.

$4 billion in aid is great!!! I can't deny that. Though I'm curious to know who and where the money is going? I'll see if I can find a link and pass it on to you.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Ask any American if we are better off as a Unites States or as a British territory. Many Presidents improved man-kinds lot.

Will not 4 billion in aids research improve mankinds lot?
When the Constitution & the frame work set forth by the founding fathers, they included safe guards that would allow the affluent (educated affluent) to direct the (government) nation least the igorance of the masses lead the nation astray. This is the promise of this nation: equal rights, liberty & justice without reguard for social, economical, or relgious standing.
They have yet to fulfill this promise, which is why we have a capitalic republic, not a true democracy.

Yes, I have know a few people with AIDS & other diseases, which they acquired by blood tranfusions & innoculations during Nam. But not many from other sources, like drug usage & such other ways these diseases are contracted.

An English colony is better nor worse than a capitalist republic?
One Lie is as good as another to me.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FDR essentially liberated all the peoples of SE asia from Japanese oppression and stopped the soviets from taking all of Europe.
Harry Truman managed to contain the soviets in Europe and deserves much of the credit for winning the cold war.
While LBJ did lead the US deeper and deeper into Vietnam, he gave black Americans their birthright.
Astounding non american leaders, Winston Churchill (saved Europe from fascism), Gorbachev (reformed and destroyed communism).

A country with no government will eventually be destroyed by governed outsiders.
A country with no government will face periodic economic difficulties, ala Great Depression.

"They have yet to fulfill this promise, which is why we have a capitalic republic, not a true democracy. "
The only republics are capitalist. I would love to see advertisements and the need for financial support vanish from presidential elections, but, its still a democracy.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
The only republics are capitalist.
I would love to see advertisements and the need for financial support vanish from presidential elections,
but, its still a democracy.

Like Chrisrian (?) who believe that by saying the migical formula: Abbra Cadabra & Alakazam, Jesus is Lord & al your sins are washed away.
It takes more than the mouthing of words to make a democracy,
which is why implied a definiton to the concept of democracy > voting for a candidate.

Kerry Bad For America - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy